This refreshing lemonade margarita with strawberries is the perfect option for any party or occasion. Made with fresh fruit, tangy lemonade, and fresh limes, this flavored margarita recipe is the ultimate treat for summer!
Cool, refreshing, and the perfect combination of flavors, my strawberry lemonade margarita is super easy to make and satisfying. My favorite thing in the summertime, it’s the ultimate beverage for any crowd, party, or celebration.
It’s also incredibly versatile! If you opt to use frozen strawberries, your lemonade margarita recipe will be more like a frozen marg…so yummy!
And, if you don’t want to use alcohol, feel free to leave it out so that anyone can enjoy this fun strawberry beverage.
In just a few steps, you’ll be on your way to mastering this recipe in no time.
Why You’ll Love This Flavored Margarita Recipe
- Perfect for backyard parties
- Refreshing and flavorful
- Easily make it your own
- The ultimate crowd-pleaser!
Key Ingredients to Make Margarita Lemonade
- STRAWBERRIES – If using fresh strawberries, you will first need to make sure the stems are removed. Frozen or thawed strawberries are also perfectly fine to use in a lemonade margarita.
- LEMONADE – I used frozen from the store for this recipe. You could also make my homemade version and freeze it!
- WATER – Used as a mixing agent.
- TEQUILA – I like to use Reposado or Cuervo Gold.
- TRIPLE SEC – For the triple sec, I like to use Cointreau. But any brand will work!
- LIME – Fresh limes are needed for the garnish, plus you’ll need the juice. What’s a margarita without citrus?
- SALT – Coarse salt for the rims of the glasses is a must for me!
Instructions to Make a Strawberry Lemonade Margarita
BLEND THE INGREDIENTS: First, add the strawberries, lemonade, and water to a large blender and blend.
POUR: Next, pour the blended mixture into a large pitcher.
ADD THE ALCOHOL: Next, stir in the tequila and triple sec. Add the lime juice.
GARNISH & SERVE: Moisten the rim of the glasses and dip into the salt. Fill glasses with ice and pour the margarita into them.
If you want to make this drink nonalcoholic, then I’ve got you covered! Simply replace the tequila and triple sec with 12 ounces of Canada Dry or Club Soda (depending on how sweet you want it to be) and 1/3 cup of fresh orange juice. Voila!
Since the tequila is being mixed with sweet ingredients in this margarita lemonade recipe, it doesn’t have to be top-shelf. A nice middle-ground tequila that is both balanced and neutral, but not too cheap, is great for this drink. Again, I swear by Reposado or Cuervo Gold.
Triple sec is an orange liqueur, which is a sweetened alcohol with orange flavoring. If you don’t have triple sec, then you can simply use orange juice.
It all depends on how much water you add to the mix. Remember, if using frozen strawberries you’ll increase the water content — the same goes for the lemonade (I’m using frozen so that’s even more water!).
That said, this is precisely why I give ranges for the alcohol on the recipe card. For those that like it a little stronger, use more. I’m a bit of a lightweight and prefer it on the weaker side, but that’s just me.
Tips for Making My Lemonade Margarita Recipe
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Serve this alongside my spicy chicken tacos, steak tacos, tomato cucumber and avocado salad or fresh peach salsa!
- Freeze leftovers into margarita popsicles. First, you’ll need popsicle molds and sticks. Then simply pour in the margarita lemonade and freeze!
More Drink Recipes To Try
Thanks so much for reading! Let me know what you think about this flavored margarita recipe!
Strawberry Lemonade Margarita
- 1 pound (454g) Fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 (12oz)(355ml) Can frozen lemonade, thawed
- 1 cup (236ml) Water
- 1-1½ cups (236-354ml) Tequila
- ½-¾ cup (118-177ml) Triple sec
- Juice of 1 lime
- Coarse salt for salting rims + extra limes
- In a large blender combine the strawberries, lemonade, and water. Process until smooth. Pour into a large pitcher and stir in Tequila, Triple Sec, and lime juice.
- Using a lime wedge moisten the rim of a glass and dip into salt. Fill glass with desired amount of ice and fill with strawberry lemonade margarita.
- Fresh strawberries can be replaced with frozen. Your choice whether to defrost them or not.
- I gave ranges for the alcohol for those that like it a little stronger. I’m a weenie and prefer it on the weaker side, but that’s just me.
- Non-Alcoholic version: Simply replace the tequila and triple sec with 12 ounces of Canada Dry or club soda (depending on how sweet you like it) and ⅓ cup fresh orange juice.