Skillet Beef Pot Pie
This Skillet Beef Pot Pie Recipe is the ultimate comfort food! It's filled with ground beef and vegetables in an easy to make homemade gravy. Top with homemade or store bought biscuits for a meal that will please the whole family!
- 1 pound (500g) ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup (236 ml) milk (any type)
- 1 cup (236 ml) beef stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon worshestershire sauce
- 2 (15oz) (425g) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 8 refrigerated biscuits (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large oven-going skillet brown ground beef with onion and garlic until no longer pink. Drain grease if needed. Sprinkle with flour and stir to mix well. Stir in milk, broth, and simmer until slightly thickened. Stir in vegetables.
Top with biscuits and sprinkle with thyme if desired. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Use any topping you desire, store-bought or homemade. Canned biscuits, pie crust, crescent dough, or even puff pastry are all great options and offer different variations. You don't have to cut up the biscuits either. I just like too because it makes it more fun for the kids. If you use pie crust just use one crust and lay on top. Cut a couple of slits to help vent the air. If using crescent dough break dough up into the triangles and arrange on top overlapping as needed.
- I used 2 cans of mixed vegetables but frozen work great too. Use about 3 cups of frozen vegetables in place of the canned veggies. No need to thaw, just stir them in.
- If you don't have a cast iron skillet just use any oven-going skillet or baking dish.
- Nutrition Info calculated with: Lower Sodium Beef Broth, 2% milk, and store-bought refrigerated biscuits.
What to serve with Skillet Beef Pot Pie:
- Simple side salad
- Fresh Fruit
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 481mg | Potassium: 445mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 3mg