Tres Leches Cake
This Tres Leches Cake is a top notch Mexican dessert. It's a moist cake soaked with 3 different milks and topped with a lightly sweetened whipped cream. It gets rave reviews anytime it's served!
- 1 cup (220g) sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) (113g) butter, room temperature
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1½ cups (215g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
THREE MILK SYRUP:
- 1 (12oz)(355ml) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14oz)(396g) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups (475ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- ⅓ cup (35g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly to combine. Add the vanilla extract. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix just until well incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread in an even layer. Don't be alarmed by how little batter there is in the pan, this is normal. Bake for 20-25 mintures or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cake cool for 10-15 minutes before pouring the 3 milk syrup over it.
THREE MILK SYRUP:
In a liquid measuring cup combine the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and cream. Poke several holes in the cake with a fork or skewer and pour the milk mixture over the top of the cake. Refrigerate the cake at least 6 hours but best if overnight.
In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla using the whisk attachment. Whisk on low until it starts to thicken and then on high until stiff peaks form. Spread over cake.
- STORAGE: Store this cake covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Can serve topped with fresh berries or a dusting of cinnamon.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 157mg | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg