Rice Pilaf with Carrots and Peas
This Easy Rice Pilaf with Carrots and Peas is a staple recipe everyone should learn! It goes great with so many dishes and is so easy to make!
Servings: 4 -6 servings
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup (45g) diced carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (220g) long grain white rice
- 2 cups (475ml) chicken broth or broth of choice (I actually use just a hair less than 2 cups of water)
- ¼ cup (35g) frozen peas, slightly thawed
Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add butter, onion, and carrot. Cook stirring frequently until slightly softened (about 3-5 minutes). Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in rice and cook stirring frequently until edges become slightly translucent (about 3-5 minutes).
Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a tight fitting lid. Simmer for 15 minutes without lifting the lid. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes without lifting the lid, then fluff with a fork and add the peas.
- Nutrition info calculated using reduced sodium chicken broth.
- STORAGE: Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- FREEZER FRIENDLY: Spread hot cooked rice in an even layer on a baking sheet and place in the freezer to cool completely. After cooled scoop into freezer bags and seal well. Freeze for no longer than 2 months. Don't thaw in the refrigerator but instead reheat it straight from frozen for the best texture. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove top with a couple tablespoons of water added. Cook over low heat stirring frequently to prevent burning.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 294mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3495IU | Vitamin C: 8.6mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg