Looking for a way to use those beautiful garden tomatoes? These Marinated Tomatoes are flavorful from soaking in olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and herbs. It makes a great summer side dish or salad!
- 1½ pounds (680g) tomatoes
- ¼ cup (25g) thinly sliced red onion
- 1-2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herb of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
Slice the tomatoes about ¼ inch thick. If using roma tomatoes, quarter and if using cherry tomatoes, halve. Add tomatoes to a bowl along with the remaining ingredients and toss well to coat.
Allow to marinate at room temperature for 2-3 hours or cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Taste is best when served at room temperature.
- STORAGE: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 395mg | Potassium: 292mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1001IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.5mg