I love the smell and taste of these cookies. They instantly make me think of Christmas. I remember eating these every year a kid as both my mom and grandma would make these. Now I enjoy making them and my kids love to help roll them in the sugar and put them on the baking sheet. Ahhhh good memories.
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground clove
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream the oil and sugar.
- Add molasses and egg, beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into small balls and then roll in sugar.
- Bake for 8 minutes or just until you start to see small cracks on top of the cookies.