I know, I know another apple dessert. But I recently discovered these rich and tasty caramel apple cheesecake bars. I’m a little slow with trends. I think every other blog has some variation of these bars posted like a million years ago so I am going to bring them back. 🙂
I love all things apple and I was thinking of making some kind of cheesecake with apples and caramel. Brilliant I say!! So I googled it just to see if it was out there already and yes it was and like a bazillion times over. (Insert sad face and a big wah wah). Oh well I said and made them anyway and I am sure glad I did. I’m not looking to be a trend setter anyway.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Granny Smith apples peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- Streusel Topping
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until crumbly. Press evenly into 13x9 baking pan lined with foil. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar until well blended. Then add eggs one at a time mixing well. Add vanilla and stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, flour, oats and butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in chopped pecans. Spread over apples. Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is set. Serve Cold and drizzle with caramel topping before serving.