So the big game is this weekend. You want to know a little secret—– I can’t even remember the teams that are going to be playing. I know that’s terrible. My husband would just shake his head in shame right now if he knew I said that, but it’s the truth.
I try not to store to much useless information in my brain so I know I have enough room for the important stuff 🙂
Hey, I need all the help I can get!
Anyway I thought I would make some easy crock-pot chili to share with everyone for the big game. It requires minimal effort, which I really like—- I know I am so lazy sometimes.
Just brown your hamburger and chop you veggies. Toss everything into a crock-pot and forget about it! I love it. And as everyone knows chili always tastes better the next day and I would definitely have to agree. There are so many topping options out there as well. Cheddar, avocado, Fritos, Goldfish (my kids favorite)….. I could go on.
So have some fun with this recipe, go crazy with the toppings and have a fabulous super bowl weekend! 🙂
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 30 oz can chili beans (whatever spice level you prefer)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet and drain off any excess grease. Put in your crock-pot along with remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine. Cover with your lid.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with your favorite toppings--Cheddar cheese, crackers, onion, chips, avocado....
This makes a really thick chili. If you like you chili more soup-y add in more broth.