This Creamy Grape Salad is the perfect side dish for any potluck! This refreshing dish is sure to please with its creamy, sweet, and tangy flavors. Best of all, it’s incredibly easy to make and can even be served as a light dessert.
I have been going through some of my old cookbooks and decided to start bringing back some of those retro dishes. I found this one and remember when I had it for the first time as a kid and how excited I was to eat a plate full of these delicious grapes and be able to call it a “salad”!
And who doesn’t love a good fruit salad? They are so easy to make and I often serve this Creamy Fruit Salad at weekend BBQs. It pairs well with so many dishes much like this grape salad will. And when I want something a little different we serve this Creamy Key Lime Fruit Salad.
You Will Love This Creamy Grape Salad Because:
- It’s so easy to make and requires only 10 minutes.
- The ingredients are minimal and easy to find.
- This salad can be made year-round and not just for the summer months.
- It’s made a little lighter using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
The ingredient list is pretty short with this salad but don’t let that fool you. The dressing uses cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla, and brown sugar. Then green and red or purple grapes (two colors make it so pretty!). Finally, a topping made from pecans and a light sprinkle of brown sugar.
How To Make An Easy Grape Salad:
STEP 1: Mix together soft cream cheese and yogurt. Add the brown sugar and vanilla.
STEP 2: Fold in the grapes and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
STEP 3: Sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar and chopped nuts before serving.
Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
This can be served as a side dish to any potluck. It can also be served alone in a lettuce cup, as an afternoon snack, or as a light dessert. This is best served cold.
Yes! If serving very young children it would be best to cut the grapes.
Unfortunately, no this salad doesn’t freeze well and is not recommended.
Want To Make This Grape Salad Healthier?
- To replace the cream cheese try using all Greek yogurt. It is thicker than regular yogurt and high in protein.
- Sugar: Replace the brown sugar in the dressing with coconut sugar, honey, or maple syrup. Sprinkle the top of the salad with coconut sugar or omit it.
- NUTS: Use different nuts and for added flavor toast them before adding. Also, candied nuts go great with this salad!
- CANDY: Add chopped Snickers, Heath bar, 3 Musketeers, Baby Ruth, or 100 Grand.
- Replace the brown sugar topping with crushed graham crackers.
- Add apples or pears or other fruit.
- Add coconut flakes
- Use marshmallow cream or sour cream in place of the Greek yogurt.
- Add diced cooked chicken to make it like a chicken salad or try this Chicken Waldorf Salad.
Creamy Grape Salad
- 1 (8oz) (226g) cream cheese, very soft
- 1 cup (240g) Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 pounds (1kg) green seedless grapes
- 2 pounds (1kg) red or purple seedless grapes
- 1 cup (110g) chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup (48g) packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Stir in the sugar and vanilla. Stir in the grapes.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with nuts and brown sugar before serving.
- Best served in a wide dish to get the best salad to topping ratio. Use a casserole dish or a large wide bowl.