These Fourth of July Cookie Sticks are a fun way to celebrate. They are a chewy chocolate chip cookie bar, dipped in white chocolate, then sprinkled with red, white and blue sprinkles. Kids love these (and so do adults)!
How is everyone’s week going so far?? I can’t believe we are approaching the last week of June already!!! So, I thought I better do at least 1 4th of July post and I wanted something simple and easy.
Well, these cookie sticks fit the bill. A simple chewy chocolate chip cookie base is spread into a pan and baked. Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Use a candy stick (pictured here) or a popsicle stick and insert into the bar. Dip into some melted white chocolate and sprinkle away! Easy peasy!!
My kiddos absolutely loved these! My husband and I did too so they will please all ages. You could also use some red and blue colored sugar and dress them up even more.
Ok, a little about what’s happening around these parts. Last night we celebrated our 4 year old daughter’s birthday. It was pretty low key but she still had a good time and that’s what matters the most. She decided she wanted spaghetti for her birthday meal. I was happy with that because it’s another easy peasy meal that everyone loves.
Also, our daughter that broke her arm is doing really well. If you missed what happened to her you can read about it here and here. She is doing her stretching exercises everyday and she is determined to get her arm back to normal. The hard part is getting her to remember to be careful and not fall on that arm. I feel it’s a lost cause constantly reminding her because it is literally 2 minutes after I tell her to stop running or to get down from there she’s at it again. So, I just close my eyes and hope for the best. I think I’ll go have another cookie stick! 😉
Fourth of July Cookie Sticks
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate melting chips or white chocolate chips
- Red white and blue jimmies
- Cookie sticks or popsicle sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil allowing enough to overlap the edges to use as handles. (This will allow you to easily pull out the bars to cut) Lightly grease or spray foil, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir well to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread into the bottom of your prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the enter comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.
- Using the foil to help lift, remove the bars from the pan. Cut into 12 bars that are about 4 1/2 x 2". Insert a stick into the bottom of each and set aside.
- Place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 15 second intervals stirring after each until melted. Dip each bar into the white chocolate then sprinkle with jimmies. Place on wax paper to cool. Let stand until chocolate is completely set.