One Pot Chicken Broccoli and Rice is an easy 30 minute recipe that is comfort food made fast! So what’s more comforting than making comfort food really fast?!?! (Say that 3x fast) Tender chicken, broccoli cooked just right, fluffy rice and lots of melty cheese!
If you couldn’t tell I am a one pot kind of gal. I hate washing dishes! Yes, I do have a dishwasher but not everything fits in there and some things just can’t be put in there. So, I try to use as few dishes as humanly possible. Yes, I do let my kids eat on real plates. 🙂
This dish is also really easy to prepare. Just cut your chicken into small pieces (this also helps to speed up the cooking time) and same with your broccoli, just make sure the pieces aren’t too big. I like to make mine bite sized.
Cook the chicken with the onion and garlic until no longer pink. Combine the rest of the ingredients in the pan, cover and simmer until the rice is tender. Stir in some cheese and sprinkle the rest on top.
And then you’re done with dinner!!! P.S. my kids really like this meal! There is never any left.
One Pot Chicken Broccoli and Rice
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups uncooked minute brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet brown the chicken, onion and garlic with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink about 7 minutes. Stir in the rice, chicken broth, milk and broccoli. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups cheddar. Sprinkle with reserved cheddar and Parmesan cheese.