You’ll love these delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars! They’re soft, chewy, and packed with chocolate chips. They’re incredibly simple to make, with no need for a mixer, and they’re perfect for any event or occasion.
Raise your hand if you are one of those who find scooping or rolling out cookies too time-consuming. I’m guilty of that too! Luckily, cookie bars are a lifesaver. They are a breeze to make and ideal for sharing.
I really enjoy simple desserts, and the Scotheroos are not only effortless but also a hit with everyone! Similarly, the One Bowl Cocoa Brownies and Soft Rice Krispy Treats are also delightful options for whenever you are short on time and need a delicious treat!
Reasons You Will Love These Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
- Made in one bowl for minimal dishes and easy clean-up
- No mixer required
- 100 times easier to make than cookies (no chilling, scooping, or rolling!)
- Soft, chewy, and buttery flavor
- Perfect served warm with a scoop of ice cream (need I say more???)
The ingredients for these bars are pretty minimal and almost the same as these No Chill Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies.
FLOUR: Regular all-purpose flour is used in this recipe. No fancy flours.
BROWN SUGAR: I like these bars with dark brown sugar because of the flavor it lends. This recipe also uses all brown sugar to keep the bars moist, soft, and chewy.
BUTTER: Melted butter is what makes these bars so easy and also helps keep them chewy!
VANILLA AND SALT: Both add flavor to the cookie bars
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Use whatever chips you like or chop up a chocolate bar.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
STEP 1: Combine the melted butter and brown sugar until nice and smooth. Stir in the eggs and vanilla just until combined.
STEP 2: Stir in the flour and salt until almost combined. Stir in the chocolate chips just until combined.
STEP 3: Spread into a parchment paper lined baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
Store completely cooled bars in an airtight container for up to 5 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Yes! Freeze completely cooled bars in a freezer bag or container for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight at room temperature.
I recommend using a metal baking pan for this recipe. If you choose to use glass you may need to increase the baking time.
I haven’t tested it but it should work with a good cup for cup gluten-free all-purpose flour.
Tips and Suggestions:
- For the bars to maintain their shape after being cut, it is crucial to cool them entirely in the pan before cutting.
- Line the pan with foil or parchment paper to make removing these bars from the pan a breeze.
- Use a long sharp knife and wipe the knife clean after each cut.
- This recipe yields 24-36 bars (depending on how big you cut them) but you can cut this recipe in half and use a 9×9 baking pan for 12-16 bars.
- Try browning the butter for a different flavor!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- ¾ cup (170g) butter, melted
- 1½ cups (220g) packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2¼ cups (310g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups (285g) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, vigorously whisk the melted butter and brown sugar until completely combined and no longer separated. Stir in the eggs and vanilla just until combined.
- Stir in the flour and salt until almost combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir just until combined. Spread into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely before removing from pan to cut.