This Frozen Mango Yogurt recipe is ridiculously simple! Made with four easy-to-find ingredients, a blender, and just 5 minutes; this healthy, delicious, fruity frozen treat is perfect to whip up whenever those froyo cravings hit.
When the air begins to warm, my mind starts thinking about all thing’s summertime. And when those hot summer days hit, my family and I love to indulge in big bowls of ice cream. Actually, for me, ice cream is my ultimate favorite dessert that I love to enjoy year-round, especially any chocolate or fruit ice cream like this No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream!
However, there are times when I want to satisfy that creamy, frozen treat craving but want something that is on the healthier side. And that’s when I whip up this easy mango frozen yogurt dish!
This recipe doesn’t get any simpler. This frozen yogurt is made with only 4 ingredients and produces such a thick, rich, and refreshing dessert, that you won’t even miss snacking on your favorite ice cream.
Plus, it’s a lot healthier. Made with Greek yogurt this frozen treat is packed with protein, has no refined sugars, and is loaded with sweet tropical mango and spicy fresh ginger for one nutrient-rich powerhouse punch!
So, when you’re craving a healthy sweet treat, or just a sweet treat, whip up a batch of this frozen mango yogurt and watch how quickly it disappears!
Why You’ll Love This Homemade Frozen Yogurt
- No ice cream maker needed
- Requires only 4 ingredients
- It’s refined sugar free
- Healthier alternative to traditional ice cream!
Key Ingredients For This Recipe
This easy frozen yogurt ice cream doesn’t require many ingredients and most you probably already have on hand!
MANGO CHUNKS: Frozen fruit is picked at the peak of ripeness and then flash-frozen to lock in nutrients and flavor and is bursting with sweet, tropical flavors all year round.
GREEK YOGURT: Feel free to use either full-fat or low-fat Greek yogurt as it won’t affect the creaminess of the yogurt. I used plain greek yogurt but feel free to use mango Greek yogurt for an added layer of mango flavor.
HONEY: Raw honey is the natural sweetener in this frozen treat.
GINGER: While this recipe calls for fresh ginger, feel free to use ground ginger if that’s all you have or can find. Keep-in-mind ground ginger has a more concentrated flavor than fresh, so you will need to use less of it. A good rule of thumb is for every tablespoon of fresh ginger, you will need to substitute ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger.
How To Make Frozen Mango Yogurt
Homemade frozen mango yogurt could not be easier to make!
BLEND INGREDIENTS: Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
FREEZE: Scoop pureed mixture into a freezer safe container and place in freezer for 4 to 6 hours.
SERVE: Before serving, allow frozen yogurt to soften on the counter. Once soft enough to scoop, portion into bowls and enjoy!
Tips And Tricks
- Garnish with fresh mango slices and a sprig of fresh mint!
- If you’d prefer a sweeter frozen treat, add in more honey based on your taste preference
- You can change it up and add in some mix-ins like chopped nuts, coconut flakes, or other small pieces of fruit
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds to create mango frozen yogurt pops
Store any leftover frozen yogurt in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Keep in mind that the longer the yogurt is in the freezer, the longer it will need to thaw before serving.
No, any yogurt will work for making homemade frozen yogurt! I prefer using Greek yogurt as the end product is thick and creamy but use whatever you can find or have on hand.
If you’d prefer a more soft-serve style, feel free to immediately serve after making!
Of course! Just use your favorite dairy-free yogurt and use maple syrup or another sweetener for the honey.
More Ice Cream Recipes To Try:
- No Churn Cinnamon Ice Cream
- No Churn Peach Ice Cream
- No-Churn Peppermint Cookie Ice Cream
- No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
- Ladyfinger Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Frozen Mango Yogurt
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Scoop into a freezer safe container and freeze 4-6 hours.
- Before serving set on counter to soften slightly.
- STORAGE: Store in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
- Can be served without freezing as more of a soft serve.