Looking for a great ice cream to compliment all your crisps, cobblers, and pies? This No Churn Cinnamon Ice Cream pairs perfectly with your summer fruit desserts! It’s also great by itself or sprinkled with some candied nuts.
If you are looking for a tasty way to dress up your fruit cobblers, crisps, and pies this No Churn Cinnamon Ice Cream is perfect!! It’s cool and creamy with cinnamon spice. Think vanilla ice cream on steroids. Plus, it’s a no churn ice cream which makes it so easy!
REASONS YOU WILL LOVE THIS EASY NO CHURN CINNAMON ICE CREAM:
- It doesn’t require an ice cream maker
- Only 5 ingredients are needed
- You don’t have to do anything over the stove
- It’s egg free
- Compliments so many desserts!
The wonderful thing about no churn ice creams is they don’t require many ingredients and you probably have them on hand already!
HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM: It needs to be 36%-40% butterfat. This will make sure it doubles in size and holds its shape when whipped. Also, cold cream whips up faster and taller.
SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK: NOT evaporated milk.
VANILLA, CINNAMON, AND SALT: All add flavor to the ice cream, yes even salt!
FIRST: Whip the heavy whipping cream with the vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until stiff peaks form.
SECOND: Fold in the sweetened condensed milk until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
THIRD: Place in a freezer safe container. Press plastic wrap against the surface of the ice cream and freeze for 4-6 hours.
Be sure to use a good quality vanilla and cinnamon since they are the stars of this ice cream! Check the expiration date as well, fresh cinnamon gives a stronger flavor. You can also briefly heat the cinnamon to release the oils and really boost the cinnamon flavor. My family likes it when I use 1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon. It’s enough that you can taste the cinnamon but it’s not SUPER strong. So if you really like cinnamon use the 3 tablespoons.
Please don’t skip pressing the plastic wrap against the surface of the ice cream before freezing. This step is important because it helps prevent ice crystals from forming on the ice cream.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS?
No Churn Cinnamon Ice Cream
- 2½ cups (590ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1-3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-14floz) (354+ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the heavy whipping cream, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until stiff peaks form. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Spread into a freezer safe container and press plastic wrap against the surface to prevent ice crystals from forming. Freeze for at least 4-6 hours.
- STORAGE: Store in a freezer safe container with plastic wrap pressed against the surface for up to 2 months.
- DAIRY FREE ALTERNATIVE: Replace the whipping cream with coconut cream and the sweetened condensed milk with sweetened condensed coconut milk. Make sure the coconut cream is cold before whipping.
- My family likes it when I use 1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon. It’s enough that you can taste the cinnamon but it’s not SUPER strong. So if you really like cinnamon use the 3 tablespoons.