This No-Churn Peppermint Cookie Ice Cream requires no ice cream maker! It’s rich, creamy, and refreshing. And the perfect winter treat!
No-Churn Peppermint Cookie Ice Cream
If you are looking for a special holiday dessert look no further! This ice cream couldn’t be any easier to make and it tastes phenomenal!
Trust me……I know.
If you like peppermint and Oreo’s you will LOVE this easy treat. I also love how easy it is to make…..but at the same time, I don’t because ice cream is always in the freezer tempting me, lol!
Ingredients for No-Churn Peppermint Cookie Ice Cream
- Heavy Whipping Cream- Also known as heavy cream. Just use cream that is at least 30% fat. This is important because it’s what makes the ice cream so easy to scoop. The lower the fat content in ice cream the harder it freezes and thus extra hard to scoop.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- This is what sweetens the ice cream base and it also helps keep the ice cream smooth and creamy. I haven’t tried replacing it with anything else. I have not used a low-fat version either.
- Vanilla- I always add this to no-churn ice cream.
- Peppermint extract- I used 1 1/4 teaspoons of extract in this recipe. It provides a nice prominent peppermint flavor. If you like a strong peppermint flavor use 1 1/2 teaspoons or if you want it a little more subtle take it down to 1 teaspoon.
- Crushed peppermint candies- adds a little something extra! Use candy canes or the round candies.
- Chocolate cream cookies- AKA Oreo’s. Totally optional but oh so good!!
Easy Ice Cream Recipe
This easy but fancy ice cream only takes a few steps to make:
- Whip the whipping cream, vanilla, and peppermint extract until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk along with the crushed peppermints and cookies.
- Spoon into any freezer-safe container.
- Place plastic wrap over the surface to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Freeze for at least 8-10 hours.
This No-Churn Peppermint Cookie Ice Cream requires no ice cream maker! It's rich, creamy, and refreshing. And the perfect winter treat!
- 2 cups (475ml) cold heavy whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1½ teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 (14oz)(396g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (90g) roughly chopped chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreo's)
- ¼ cup (45g) crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
In a large bowl beat the heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and peppermint extract on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in the condensed milk, chopped cookies and crushed candies just until combined.
Spoon into a large container or 2 loaf pans. Cover with plastic wrap pressing against the surface to prevent ice crystals from forming. Place in freezer for a minimum of 10 hours.
- I used 1 1/4 teaspoons of extract in this recipe. It provides a nice prominent peppermint flavor. If you like a strong peppermint flavor use 1 1/2 teaspoons or if you want it a little more subtle take it down to 1 teaspoon.
- Nutrition Facts: Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the information shown is just an estimate.