This easy No Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream tastes just like pumpkin pie! It’s simple to make, uses no ice cream maker and is a wonderfully creamy fall treat!
No Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
Are you guys on team pumpkin or team pecan when it comes to Thanksgiving dessert. Yes, we’re going there….I’m talking about Thanksgiving already. Most of my family is on team pumpkin. I’m the weird one and prefers either something chocolate or something with fruit for dessert. But I do love this no churn pumpkin ice cream!!! My husband couldn’t believe how much it tastes like pumpkin pie minus the crust.
You could bake some pie dough a then crumble it over the ice cream so you could truly have pumpkin pie in ice cream form! Some other amazing fall desserts: Turtle Pumpkin Cake, Skillet Blondie with Bourbon Caramel Pecans, Caramel Apple Pecan Cake or this Traditional Pumpkin Pie.
To be absolutely honest ice cream is probably my most favorite dessert. And yes I eat all year round…..no dip in the temp is going to keep me from enjoying my creamy frozen treat!
I just realized that this is the first ice cream I have posted on Countryside Cravings!!! YIKES! I used to make traditional homemade ice cream ALL THE TIME. But then life happened and it has been happening for several years now. I have refused to get on the no churn ice cream train for a very long time. Honestly, I didn’t see how it was possible to have great ice cream without an egg custard or an ice cream maker. But you know what?????
I’m convinced AND I may never make homemade ice cream the traditional way again!! Pretty bold statement, yes….but this no churn stuff is so much easier and tastes so good!!
About this no churn pumpkin ice cream:
- You will need heavy whipping cream. The higher fat content allows for a creamier ice cream.
- Start whipping your cream on low and when bubbles start to form bring it up higher. This way it won’t splatter everywhere.
- Watch your cream while whipping it so you don’t accidentally overbeat it. Just beat until you have stiff peaks. You’ll have stiff peaks when the cream is thick and holds its shape well. Take the beater out of the cream, turn it upside down and the cream should hold nice proud peaks. The peaks should point straight up and not fall.
- When folding the pumpkin mixture into the whipped cream do it gently. This helps keep all that air we just whipped into the cream in there. This will make for a silkier ice cream.
- Cover the ice cream with plastic wrap or wax paper so ice crystals don’t form on the ice cream. And be sure to press the plastic wrap/wax paper onto the ice cream.
Watch our video on how to make this no churn pumpkin ice cream:
- 2 cups very cold heavy whipping cream at least 30% fat
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
In a large bowl whip cream starting on low. When bubbles start to form increase the speed and whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Gently fold this into the whipped cream until combined.
Pour mixture into a freezer safe container or a 9×5 loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Be sure the plastic wrap is touching the ice cream to prevent ice crystals from forming. Freeze for at least 8 hours.
1. Let thaw slightly so it’s easier to scoop.
2. Serving options: plain, topped with salted caramel, chocolate chips, gingerbread cookies, baked pie dough, cinnamon sprinkled. Another idea is to have all these toppings out for your guests to make their own fall ice cream sundae!
3. No pumpkin pie spice use: 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
4. Store in the freezer for 1-2 months.
21 thoughts on “No Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream”
50 plus yrs ago when I was 8-10yrs old or so, every other Fri. was payday & our family would pile in the station wagon & go down to the Tastey Freeze w/ 52 flavors. My fav & all I would order was a pumpkin milk shake. I have tried various vain attempts to recreate that experience which always fell short. You have stirred my hope with this recipe. I’ll let you know.
Hope you enjoy!
Nutritional facts for pumpkin no churn ice cream please?, the ice cream is creamy and fabulous
So glad you liked the ice cream! I have updated the recipe with nutrition facts. Thanks for asking!
Has anyone actually tried this recipe and if so could you please provide your review of it. I would really love your feedback on the recipe
Can you use caned milk for this . It sounds so good but I live in the country and whip cream isn’t always in the house this Nanna loves ice cream anytime .
I haven’t tried this recipe with canned milk so I can’t say for sure how it would turn out. The whipped cream is what makes the ice cream light and airy. Sorry I couldn’t be more help.
What a perfect fall treat, Malinda. LOVE it! Can’t believe this is so easy.
Thank you Valentina!! It’s dangerously easy! 🙂
Can you be on both team pumpkin and team pecan? Pumpkin pie ice cream is my FAVORITE! It does taste just like pumpkin pie! I have been wary of no-churn ice creams as well, but you make me want to give this a try!
Heck yeah!! You definitely need to give no churn a try!
I need to have Thanksgiving with you! I’m the fruit and chocolate lover too!! I might break the rules for this yummy ice cream!
Sure thing! 🙂 And I’m so glad I’m not the only one wanting something fruit or chocolate instead!
With everyone’s love of pumpkin spice, this will be a great treat – no matter what time of year!
I agree! Thanks Danielle!
Oh geez Malinda, I forgot to mention to you that your recipe for the salted caramel sauce was wonderful. I made it and it was delicious, also easy-peasy to make. Thank you!
I am so glad to hear that Dalila!! Thank you for your comment!
Have to try this soon. Sounds so good. I better wait until I know someone is coming or I will end up eating it all by myself.
Lol, I hide mine so I can eat it all myself! Thanks, Grandma I hope you like it! 🙂
How easy is this recipe, I LOVE it!
I have to make this and quickly….LOL!!
It is pumpkin season after all. 😊
I also eat ice cream year round, cold weather does NOT stop me. LOL!!
I like your mini video, great job!
Glad I’m not the only one eating ice cream in the winter! 🙂 Thanks for the pin!!!