This Caramel Apple Pecan Cake is filled with tender apples, crunchy pecans and topped with a luscious caramel frosting!
Mmmmmm…….. caramel, apples, pecans and cake what could be better than that??
This easy caramel apple pecan cake is moist, packed with tender apples, studded with sweet pecans then taken to the next level with a quick caramel frosting.
Don’t worry the frosting is super easy and I will warn you it’s ADDICTIVE!!! I was licking my spoon I used to cook the caramel and I just wanted to take a big spoonful more. I resisted and it was hard but I wanted to save every last bit for the cake.
The caramel frosting hardens a little when it cools so if you want to decorate it with a few pecans do it before the icing sets.
I really like this cake for its simplicity and ease to make. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and uses simple everyday ingredients and when combined makes this magical cake!!
In other notes- cooler weather has hit our neighborhood and I am sooooo glad! That means fall baking and everything apple– until pumpkin takes over. YAY!!
But with the cooler weather creeping in we really need to wrap up all of our summer projects and start getting ready for winter. Something tells me we might have an early winter this year!
Caramel Apple Pecan Cake
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup melted butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cream or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pecan halves for decorating if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray a 9x13 baking pan, set aside.
- CAKE: In a large bowl beat the sugars, eggs and butter on medium speed until smooth. Add in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in the apples and nuts. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan before topping with caramel frosting.
- FROSTING: In a small saucepan, bring the sugars, butter and cream to a boil over medium low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt. Pour warm frosting over cake and garnish with pecan halves if desired.