One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo is a quick and easy 30 minute meal that is full of flavor!
I know, another one pot meal with pasta! But you guys this cajun chicken alfredo is AWESOME!!!! My kids (and husband) ask me to make this almost every week! Yeah, it’s that good. It’s the cajun seasoning and andouille sausage that give this dish so much flavor.
It also gives this dish a little bit of heat. Not too much, my kids ate it– so it’s not super spicy 🙂
So just a quick run down on how to make this cajun chicken alfredo. Start by browning the chicken, sausage and onions in a large skillet. Add in the garlic towards the end of the browning so it doesn’t burn. Trust me you don’t want burned garlic in your dish, it will ruin it!
After you have browned the meat it is time to add in the broth, milk, pasta and cream. Stir everything up and cover with a lid to simmer for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Then stir in the cheese. If the sauce isn’t thick enough for you stir a little cornstarch and water together and slowly add that into the pasta to help thicken it. Garnish with the chopped tomatoes and some fresh parsley. Serve with a side salad and freshly steamed veggies. Enjoy!
One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage cut into 1/4” rounds
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch used to thicken sauce if needed
- 2-3 roma tomatoes diced
- Chopped parsley and shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish if desired
- In a large skillet cook chicken, sausage and onions with the olive oil and cajun seasoning over medium heat. This takes about 5-7 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the broth, milk, pasta and cream. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes (or until pasta is tender) stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan and if your sauce is thin combine the 1 teaspoon cornstarch with a little water and stir into the pasta and cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Top your pasta with the chopped tomatoes and garnish if desired.