This Blueberry Peach Cobbler is made with fresh peaches and blueberries baked under a fluffy biscuit topping.
I order you to stop whatever you are doing right now and make this. You will thank me after your first bite, pinkie promise!
I have made a few cobblers here and there, but this one is by far my favorite!!! I think it’s because I changed the biscuit topping a little, but for the better! I decided to go with a fluffy biscuit instead of a thin batter. Maybe it’s because I love biscuits so much, but this change made this blueberry peach cobbler go from great to stellar!
I used fresh fruit in this dessert but feel free to try it with frozen if you can’t get fresh. Just thaw the peaches first and as for the blueberries you can use frozen or thawed. Just drain off most of the liquid or it might be a little too watery.
For the biscuit topping, just mix it in the same bowl you used for the fruit. We don’t want to dirty too many extra dishes, plus it will add a touch of flavor to the topping 🙂
So, in other news— my basement got waaaaay out of control and it was time for me to take it back. With the days being hot in the afternoon I have been letting my kiddos go downstairs to play because it’s cooler. And they pretty much destroyed the whole basement!!
Our basement is unfinished so it’s completely open and you can see from one end to the other. It’s also where we put all of our storage and junk leaving it very vulnerable.
Are you starting to see the problem here?!?!
Our kids have gone through storage totes and boxes picking and choosing whatever their little heart desired to play with that day. And none of it was put back!!!! As Tow-mater from Cars put it, my kids were happier than a tornado in a trailer park! And I’m prettier sure I heard them say that downstairs.
I had my work cut out for me, but I was able to complete my huge task. My husband helped out too or I would probably still be down there trying to widdle my way through the mess.
So, now that I have that done I am going to enjoy a bowl of this delicious blueberry peach cobbler……wait a minute, I think I just heard the kids go downstairs!!!
Blueberry Peach Cobbler
- FRUIT FILLING:
- 3 1/2 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar depending on how sweet your fruit is
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream half and half or whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 10" cast iron skillet or a 9x9 baking pan, set aside.
- FRUIT FILLING: In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the fruit filling and gently toss to combine. Spoon into prepared pan.
- BISCUIT TOPPING: In the same bowl you mixed your fruit in combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the cream just until combined. Drop in spoonfuls over the fruit. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and fruit is bubbly. Let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.