These Pumpkin Streusel Muffins are a great fall breakfast or snack! They are wonderfully moist, full of pumpkin flavor, spiced perfectly and topped with a crunchy streusel topping!
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
I thought I would start this nice fall morning off with these glorious pumpkin streusel muffins. So, grab yourself a cup of coffee or hot tea and enjoy these wonderfully spiced treat.
This recipe is super simple, which as you all know is a must in my books. You’ll start by making the streusel topping in a small bowl and I made it easier by melting the butter instead of cutting it in.
When you have that mixed up hold it up to your nose and inhale deeply. Well, you don’t really have to do that part but I highly recommend it, it’s an instant mood lifter!
Then set that aside and mix up the muffin batter by first stirring together the dry ingredients then add in the sugar and the wet. Stir just until combined so the muffins stay tender and don’t worry if there are lumps in the batter. I promise everything will turn out fine. Now, using a large ice cream scoop, evenly divide the batter among 12 muffin cups.
Time for that streusel topping, go ahead and breathe in that wonderful cinnamony goodness one more time before topping the muffins. Now to bake and patiently wait for them to come out of the oven.
I thought about drizzling these with a glaze but after eating one I felt it just wasn’t needed. At least for today!
Now, go forth and enjoy these wonderful fall pumpkin streusel muffins!
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoon old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or line and 12 cup muffin tin and set aside.
- STREUSEL TOPPING: In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, flour, pecans, oats and cinnamon. Stir in the melted butter, set aside.
- MUFFINS: In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir just until combined. Using a large ice cream scoop, fill muffin cups evenly. Sprinkle with topping and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing.