This Simple Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus is dinner made on one sheet pan and on your table in 20 minutes!
Save it for later and PIN IT
Do you guys like seafood?? We don’t eat it as often as I would like but when we do I don’t want anything too complicated. Well, this simple sheet pan salmon and asparagus fits that bill. It is ridiculously easy and can be on the table in about 20 minutes!! I can’t complain about that!! I also am going to include the recipe for a dill sauce that is excellent with this salmon. You don’t have to make it but it sure tastes good!! Plus, it is quick to throw together as well. I just make it first so it has a little time to meld together.
If you’re not into seafood but like sheet pan dinners I have a couple other options like these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Nachos, Sheet Pan BBQ Meatballs Green Beans and Potatoes, or these Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas.
I also made some brown rice to serve this with to help complete the meal. Again completely optional but any excuse to eat carbs is fine by me!! 🙂
So, on a completely unrelated note are all of you experiencing the crazy weather?? Absolutely beautiful one day then cold, windy, snowy, rainy…..the next??? That’s pretty much Colorado right now. Crazy! We have been having record high temps and now we are back down to freezing and it’s rainy/snowy out. Our poor trees don’t know what’s going on. They are starting to leaf out and I have never seen that this early! But that’s Colorado, crazy weather. Everyone always says if you don’t like the weather just wait 5 minutes and some days I feel like they are right!
Ok, so back to this yummy sheet pan dinner. I can’t say enough about how quick and easy this meal is, making it perfect for any crazy night of the week you may have. (You guys know easy meals are pretty much my life right now!) It’s also a nice light and fresh meal from the dill and creamy sauce plus the lemon and garlic add a nice touch to the salmon and asparagus. Enjoy!
Simple Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus
- 1 whole salmon filet mine was about 1.5 lbs
- 1 1/2 pounds medium sized asparagus ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill for garnish optional
- OPTIONAL SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt regular or greek
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place asparagus on a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the butter, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spoon 1/2 of this mixture over the asparagus and bake for 5-7 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and set oven to broil. Move asparagus to the sides of the pan and place the salmon in the middle of the pan. Spoon remaining garlic butter sauce over the top of the salmon and broil for 5-7 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with fresh dill if desired.
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE: In a small bowl combine the yougurt, dill, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper.