These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Nachos are a great game day appetizer for a crowd! Filled with seasoned chicken and vegetables and lots of cheese!
My husband brought it to my attention that I haven’t posted any game food lately. Well, I thought I really need to remedy that! Sheet pan nachos have been floating around for a while so I thought I would come up with my own and these sheet pan chicken fajita nachos were born.
They are great for feeding a large crowd (or just a really hungry family! 🙂 ), great for any day of the week and can be served as an appetizer, snack or main dish.
Just start by sprinkling a nice layer of tortilla chips over a large baking sheet. Cook your thinly sliced chicken with the seasonings until no longer pink then sprinkle over the chips. Next, come the onions and peppers and cook them until they are tender crisp. Sprinkle these over the chicken and now for the best part—the cheese!!
I will warn you there may seem like it is a lot of cheese but this is a large sheet pan of nachos here. If you just can’t stand to put that much cheese on then reduce it to your liking. My family on the other hand can never have enough cheese!
Top these nachos with whatever toppings your heart desires! Some of our favorites are: sour cream, avocado, jalapenos and salsa. Hope you enjoy!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Nachos
- 1/2-3/4 pound tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 1 package taco seasoning or 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2 bell peppers seeds removed and sliced thin
- 1 small onion sliced thin
- 6 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with tortilla chips and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook chicken strips with taco seasoning until no longer pink. Sprinkle over chips.
- Cook bell pepper and onions until tender crisp. Sprinkle over chips and chicken. Top with cheese then bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve with desired toppings.