This Sheet Pan BBQ Meatballs and Vegetables dinner is super easy, hearty and comforting! It’s a well-rounded meat and potatoes (and green beans!) kind of meal, and the whole dish is made on only one pan for very minimal clean-up!
Why You’ll Love Sheet Pan BBQ Meatballs and Vegetables
I’m on a sheet pan dinner roll and this Sheet Pan BBQ Meatballs and Vegetables recipe is my latest masterpiece! This dish is like a modern take on meatloaf, and it isn’t any harder than the traditional way of making meatloaf – if anything I would say it’s easier!
The potatoes will go into the oven first to get a head start because they will take the longest to bake, but be sure to stir them once during baking so they can get crispy all over! While they’re baking, get the green beans and meatballs ready so that when the potatoes come out you can quickly put everything on the baking sheet and back into the oven. During the last 5 minutes of baking, brush those nice little meatballs with bbq sauce.
Now that’s an awesome dinner everyone can enjoy!
Ingredients for Sheet Pan BBQ Meatballs and Vegetables
There are two delicious components to this recipe: meat and vegetables. The meatballs are simple to make, and you probably already have all of the ingredients!
The veggies are simple as pie too, but if you have broccoli on hand instead of green beans, go ahead and make the swap. Do what makes life easier on you!
- Lean ground beef
- Onion and garlic
- Oats or breadcrumbs
- BBQ sauce
- Red potatoes
- Green beans
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Step 1: Preheat
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Prepare Vegetables
Place the potatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coast. Bake them for 20 minutes, stirring once. Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, toss the green beans with olive oil, salt, and pepper then set them aside.
Step 3: Form Meatballs and Roast
In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, oats (or breadcrumbs), garlic, egg, and milk. Form the mixture into 2 – 2 ½ inch meatballs and place them on the baking sheet with the potatoes once the potatoes come out at 20 minutes. Add on the green beans as well and then bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, brush each meatball with bbq sauce.
You can use parchment paper or aluminum foil to line your sheet pan! It’ll help reduce the amount of food that sticks to the pan itself.
You don’t have to let them rest, no. The only time I’d recommend doing that is if they’re going into a fryer.
You add milk to meatballs to make them nice and moist! We don’t want a dry meatball, do we?
Hungry for More?
And here are a few more related recipes I think you’ll love!
- Easiest BBQ Meatballs
- Meatballs and Penne in Creamy Marinara Sauce
- Swedish Meatballs
- Sheet Pan Parmesan Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- Simple Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus
Don’t forget to leave a star rating and review down below so I know how you liked this recipe!
Sheet Pan BBQ Meatballs Green Beans and Potatoes
- 1 pound small red potatoes washed and cut into small chunks
- 1 pound fresh green beans trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats or breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- VEGETABLES: Place potatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Bake for 20 minutes stirring once. In a medium sized bowl toss green beans with remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- MEATBALLS: Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, oats or breadcrumbs, garlic, egg and milk. Form into 2-2 1/2″ meatballs and place on baking sheet with potatoes and add on the green beans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. In the last 5 minutes of cooking brush each meatball with bbq sauce.