This Caramel Apple Sangria is the perfect fall drink! Light and refreshing, perfect for sharing, and great for any occasion! Made with white wine, apple brandy, apple cider, and caramel!
Sangria is the perfect drink for sharing and any party because there are so many different flavor combinations! I love sipping on this Strawberry Rose Sangria during the summer or this Easy White Sangria! Both equally easy to make and refreshing.
You’ll Love This Caramel Apple Sangria Because:
- Super easy to make
- Perfect for making ahead (it tastes better that way!)
- Great for sharing with family and friends
- Just the right amount of sweetness
- Light, refreshing, and bubbly
APPLES: Use any apple you like to eat. I like Honeycrisp in this drink, but any apple you enjoy snacking on is perfect.
WINE: Use white wine for this recipe, and I recommend a Pinot Grigio.
APPLE BRANDY: I chose to use apple brandy over caramel vodka because I wanted a slightly stronger apple flavor, and I preferred it over caramel vodka.
APPLE CIDER: I used an unfiltered apple cider for this recipe because that’s my favorite. Use any apple cider you like. You could also make this Homemade Apple Cider!
CINNAMON: Adds that fall spice.
CARAMEL SAUCE: Adds the caramel flavor and sweetens the drink.
SPARKLING WATER: Adds a nice bubbly finish and lightens the drink.
How To Make Caramel Apple Sangria:
APPLES: Start by slicing the apples and placing them in the bottom of a pitcher. Make them into rounds or slices, as you see in the picture.
ASSEMBLE: Pour in all the liquids except the sparkling water and give it a good stir.
CHILL: Let the sangria sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Some separation may occur, especially if using an unfiltered apple cider. Just stir to combine. When ready to serve, stir in the sparkling water.
Yes! You can use Sprite, ginger ale, or ginger beer. I preferred sparkling water to keep it lighter.
Yes! Change out the brandy for vodka, bourbon, or spiced rum.
You can, but I strongly recommend using cider. It has a deeper apple flavor than apple juice.
Tips and Suggestions:
- I recommend using a pinot grigio for this recipe, but you can also use sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, or Riesling.
- Let this drink sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or longer. I like 8 hours best. Letting the sangria sit allows the fruit to soak up flavor and infuse the drink with apple and cinnamon flavors.
- Make the drink special by rimming the glass with caramel syrup and dipping it in cinnamon sugar.
Caramel Apple Sangria
- 2 large apples, cored and sliced
- 1 (750ml) bottle white wine
- 2 cups (475ml) apple cider
- ½ cup (120ml) apple brandy
- ½ cup (120ml) caramel sauce
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 (12 fl ounce) (355ml) can lemon-lime sparkling water
- Slice apples and place in the bottom of a large pitcher. Add wine, cider, brandy, caramel, and cinnamon sticks. Stir well, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, add sparkling water and stir to combine. Serve over ice.