This Easy White Sangria is a crazy good summer time drink! Filled with luscious fruit, crisp white wine and topped with some lemon lime soda to make it bubbly!
You guys, just a little warning—- this drink goes down really easy!! Maybe a little too easy!!!
I first tried a sangria at a friends house and instantly fell in love. It was a red sangria and it is still, to this day, one of my favorite drinks!! You see, I am a sucker for fruit and fruity drinks so when you put the two together it’s dangerous!
So, I wanted to recreate a sangria that was a little festive for the 4th of July. I know the 4th of July is almost a month away but hey I’ve got a busy schedule and need to plan ahead!
We’ve been non-stop on the go and as I mentioned a few posts back my 5 year old broke her arm. We went back to the Dr. on Monday for a check-up and everything went well.
They took the spacers out of her cast and closed it up all the way. She will be in the cast for 2 more weeks and then everything will be removed! I am soooo glad she won’t be wearing it any longer than that. She has started to complain about it being hot and itchy so I’m sure those 2 weeks won’t come fast enough for her!
Now, I’m really hoping we can avoid disaster for the rest of the summer.
Back to this sangria, as I was saying I wanted something to drink for the 4th. I had a couple of things in mind when I was thinking about what type of beverage I would make.
- It had to be easy! I don’t have time to slave over a drink and if it requires a lot of ingredients and mixers I’m not going to make it. #imlazy
- It had to be fun and fitting for the 4th of July. I love red, white and blue—- and Memorial Day and the 4th are the only times of the year when it is socially appropriate to sport those colors. Why is that???
This drink fits both those requirements! It is super easy to put together and it’s pretty to look at. It doesn’t require any super complicated or hard to find ingredients and it tastes great. That’s a winner in my books!
- 1 750 ml bottle white wine
- 3/4 cup triple sec
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1-2 12 oz cans lemon lime soda or ginger ale
- ice for serving
- In a large pitcher combine the wine, triple sec and fruit. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (it tastes better if it sits in the fridge for a while)
- To serve: Pour the soda in the sangria and give it a little stir. Pour over ice into glasses. Spoon some of the fruit into the glass.