This quick and easy Corn Casserole is a side dish everyone should have in their back pocket. It’s made with cream-style corn, sour cream, canned corn, and your choice of Jiffy corn muffin mix or make it from scratch! It’s pure comfort food and pairs well with so many main dishes!
Ok, are you guys going to think I am weird if I tell you this is one of my favorite side dishes???? Yep, I will eat this over mashed potatoes and gravy even, GASP! My grandma would make this when I was a kid and I haven’t stopped since.
It’s a great side dish and pairs well with so many things like this Old Fashioned Meatloaf or this Oven Roasted Rotisserie Chicken or even ham. It’s perfect for any holiday meal or serve it with chili! See I told you it can go with all the things!
Why You Will Love This Corn Casserole
- It’s the ultimate comfort food.
- Moist, sweet, and full of corn flavor. Kind of like cornbread on steriods.
- Perfect for serving with your holiday meal, soups, or even a summer bbq.
- Can be made in advance, doubled, or even made in the slow cooker!
- Uses simple and easy to find ingredients.
- Use a Jiffy corn muffin mix or make it completely from scratch!
About the Ingredients
Jiffy Corn Casserole Ingredients include: Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, cream-style corn, canned corn, sour cream, butter, and an egg.
Homemade Corn Casserole Ingredients: Replace the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix with flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Everything else stays the same.
How To Make Corn Casserole
It really couldn’t be an easier side dish to make folks. You dump everything in a mixing bowl and give it a few stirs. Pour into a pan, bake, and voila you have the most delicious comfort dish of all time.
JIFFY CORNBREAD MIX VERSION: In a large bowl combine the corn muffin mix, cream-style corn, canned corn (drained), sour cream, melted butter, and egg just until combined. Pour into a baking dish either a 9×13 or a 12″ cast iron skillet and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or just until the center is set.
HOMEMADE CORN CASSEROLE VERSION: Replace the Jiffy mix with the following 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup cornmeal, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Follow the rest of the recipe exactly.
Corn casserole is similar to cornbread in texture. It’s moister than cornbread but still has that cornbread texture. Corn pudding is more of a custard and not bready.
Reheat in the microwave as needed or to reheat the entire casserole remove from the refrigerator for 30 minutes then cover with foil and reheat in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Yes! Make as directed and cool completely. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days then reheat when needed.
After mixing pour into a slow cooker and cover. Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or HIGH for 2-2 1/2 hours. As all crockpots cook differently watch your casserole closely. It is done when the center is set.
Yes! Place completely cooled casserole in a freezer safe container or wrap casserole in foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator.
Tips and Variations
Looking to change up the corn casserole and make it your own? Try some of these suggestions:
- Sprinkle the top with grated cheddar, crumbled cooked bacon, and chopped green onions before serving. The warmth from the cornbread will melt the cheese.
- Drizzle with honey just before serving
- Stir in 1 can green chilies and 2 cups shredded monterey jack before baking. Serve topped with chopped cilantro and a dollop of sour cream or guacamole.
- Leave the egg out for a slightly denser version
- Garnish with chopped chives
Looking for more great side dishes to serve at your next meal?
- Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Mushroom Risotto
- Apple Sausage Stuffing
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Broccoli, Bacon, and Grape Salad
This quick and easy Corn Casserole is a side dish everyone should have in their back pocket. It's made with cream-style corn, sour cream, canned corn, and your choice of Jiffy corn muffin mix or make it from scratch! It's pure comfort food and pairs well with so many main dishes!
- ½ cup (65g) all purpose flour
- ½ cup (80g) cornmeal
- ¼ cup (50g) sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (15.25oz) (432g) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14.25oz) (418g) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup (260g) sour cream
- ½ cup (113g) butter, melted
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add remaining ingredients and mix just until combined. Pour into a 9×13 baking dish (or 12" cast iron skillet) and bake for 40-50 minutes or until center is set.
- STORAGE: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- MAKE AHEAD: Cook up to 2 days in advance. When ready to reheat remove from the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Cover with foil and reheat in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- FREEZER FRIENDLY: Completely cool casserole and cover with foil or freeze in another freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator.
- SLOW COOKER: Pour into a slow cooker, cover, and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or HIGH for 2-2 1/2 hours. As all crockpots cook differently watch your casserole closely. It is done when the center is set.
- JIFFY CORN MUFFIN MIX: Replace the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt with 1 (8.5oz)(240g) box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix. Continue with recipe as directed.