These Cornbread Muffins are a great compliment to soups and chili or even for the holidays! They are made with creamed corn for even more flavor and it keeps them moist!
If you know me then you know I love a good batch of cornbread! I prefer my cornbread and cornbread muffins to be a little sweet but if you don’t just reduce the amount of sugar by half.
Why you’ll love this easy recipe:
- They are super easy to make and can be on your table in less than 30 minutes.
- Sometimes cornbread can be dry but not this recipe! Thanks to creamed corn they are more flavorful and moist!
- They go great with so many dishes especially soups and chili!
ALL PURPOSE FLOUR: I have not tested this with self rising flour.
CORNMEAL: I prefer to use a normal grind instead of a coarse. But use what you like.
SUGAR: Again I like my cornbread slightly sweet. If you don’t reduce it by half.
MILK: Any type of milk will work in this recipe.
BUTTER: Provides flavor to the muffin and I don’t recommend replacing it with oil.
The How To
BATTER: Start by adding all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mixing well. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix just until barely combined. As you can see in the photo above there are still a few spots of dry and that’s OK! Perfect even, because then you know you haven’t over mixed the batter.
FILL: You can line the muffin pan with liners or grease the pan. Divide the batter evenly among the 12 cups and wipe up any spills. I like to use a large cookie scoop to help keep things cleaner.
BAKE: Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the pan immediately if using liners or leave in the pan for 5 minutes then remove if greased.
Yes! Cool muffins completely and freeze in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
Cool completely and store in a plastic bag or container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
No, I haven’t tested a replacement for the creamed corn.
Yes, you will need about 1 1/2 cups of homemade creamed corn.
More recipes you will love:
- 1¼ cups (180g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (175g) cornmeal
- ¼ cup (55g) sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.75oz) (418g) can creamed corn
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- ¼ cup (55g) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin pan or line with liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the remaining ingredients and stir just until almost fully combined. Leave a few dry spots.
- Divide batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean. If greased the pan leave in pan for 5 minutes before removing. If you used liners remove immediately.
- STORAGE: Cool completely and store in a plastic bag or container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- FREEZER FRIENDLY: Cool completely and store in a freezer safe plastic bag or container for up to 3 months.