In the mood for Texas BBQ sauce that is a little bit of sweet mixed with a small amount of heat? This simple bbq sauce recipe is made with brown sugar, tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of cayenne to deliver the ultimate flavors for summertime.
There’s nothing quite like the flavors of warm, sweet, spicy, and tangy Texas style BBQ sauce. Whether you’re dipping, eating it on sandwiches, by the spoonful, you name it… There’s something in common with every meal: enjoyment.
Why This Is The Best BBQ Sauce
- Delicious flavor and made with just a handful of basic pantry ingredients.
- This simple bbq sauce recipe can be made in just 20 minutes.
- You can make the southern barbecue sauce ahead of time and store in the fridge.
- Pairs well with chicken, pork, and beef.
- Great texture for smothering on sandwiches or adding to bbq pizza.
Simple BBQ Sauce Recipe Ingredients
You don’t need a lot for this recipe. For this Texas BBQ sauce recipe, you’ll need tomato sauce, apple juice, apple cider vinegar, dark brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, onion and garlic powder, prepared mustard, and cayenne pepper.
How to Make Texas BBQ Sauce
Step 1: Combine Ingredients
Add all of the ingredients in a medium sized sauce pan.
Step 2: Simmer
Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
Step 3: Cool
Remove the pan from the stove and allow the sauce to cool. Serve with your favorite dishes, and enjoy!
Texas Style BBQ FAQs
Texas style BBQ sauce tastes sweet and savory with a little bit of heat.
Southern barbecue is known for its spiciness all thanks to the cayenne pepper. If you want to leave the spiciness out, then you can!
Traditional Texas BBQ usually consists of prepared and smoked beef brisket. Although pork was once not considered a true style of Texas, it has recently made its comeback.
Serving Suggestions For Southern Barbecue Sauce
This recipe produces the best BBQ sauce and I think you love all the ways you can use it. It’s fantastic with a variety of types of yummy things such as smoked beef brisket, bratwursts, pulled pork, ribs, and sandwiches. So many options for this Texas style BBQ sauce!
Add it to bbq chicken pizza or you can dip your fries in it. You really can’t go wrong!
- Keep the southern barbecue sauce in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. The vinegar and sugar in this sauce should allow it to last a while!
- When ready to enjoy the best bbq sauce again, simply warm it in a saucepan and stir until it is heated through.
- Serve this simple bbq sauce recipe with meat on sandwiches, buns, rolls, and so much more. You’ll love this recipe paired with coleslaw, potato salad, or beans!
More Recipes You Will Love
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
- Quick Smoked BBQ Pork Chops
- Cornbread Muffins
In the mood for Texas Style BBQ sauce that is a little bit of sweet mixed with a small amount of heat? This bbq sauce recipe is made with brown sugar, tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of cayenne to deliver the ultimate flavors for summertime.
- 15 ounces tomato sauce canned
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ¼-½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a medium sauce pan, combine all the ingredients and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Stir the ingredients often while cooking.
Once the sauce has finished cooking, then remove it from the heat. Allow it to cool.
This will keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks and probably even longer.