This easy Peanut Butter Pie is rich, creamy, and full of peanut butter flavor. A peanut butter cookie crust is filled with a fluffy peanut butter filling then chilled until ready to eat.
This is one of those easy pies you need in your life! It’s perfect when you want to impress your guests but don’t have a lot of energy to put into baking a pie. It’s still homemade just easier!
Another favorite pie is this Old Fashioned Chocolate Meringue Pie. It’s been a Countryside Cravings reader’s favorite since 2019. Or if you are looking for another easy to make pie try this Fresh Strawberry Pie.
Tell Me More About This Easy Peanut Butter Pie
- Make-Ahead and freezer-friendly
- Crunchy crust with a light and fluffy filling
- Easy to change it up and make it your own
- Tastes like a peanut butter no bake cheesecake only more mousse like
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES: Otherwise known as nutter butters. Crush these into fine crumbs to make a solid crust.
BUTTER: Used to make the crust.
PEANUT BUTTER: I prefer to use creamy in this pie but you can also use crunchy for added texture.
HEAVY CREAM: Make sure it is cold so it whips up faster.
CREAM CHEESE: Use full-fat block style for this recipe.
CONFECTIONERS SUGAR: Used to sweeten the pie.
PEANUTS: Used as a garnish.
How To Make Peanut Butter Pie
PIE CRUST: Process the cookies until you have fine crumbs then mix with melted butter. Press into pie plate and bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING: In the bowl of a stand mixer whip the heavy cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. In a separate bowl mix the peanut butter, cream cheese, and confectioners sugar until well combined. Add the whipped cream and mix at high speed just until combined. Pour into cooled crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Place pie in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until frozen. Wrap in plastic wrap and then in heavy-duty foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. If freezing, leave off any toppings.
Store the pie covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yes! Use a graham cracker or oreo crust and replace the peanut butter with your favorite nut butter.
TOPPINGS: Chopped peanuts, melted peanut butter drizzled over the top, salted caramel, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chopped peanut butter cups, drizzle of hot fudge sauce…..the sky’s the limit!!
You can also stir in chopped peanut butter cups, chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips in the filling before pouring it into the crust. Or even chopped snickers!
Peanut Butter Pie
- 2 cups (230g) crushed peanut butter cookies (nutter butters)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- 2 cups (475ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups (325g) peanut butter
- 1 (8oz) (226g) package cream cheese, very soft
- 1 cup (120g) confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Process the cookies until fine crumbs. Combine with melted butter. Press mixture into a 9" deep dish pie plate. Can use a measuring cup to help make a smooth even layer. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer whip heavy cream and vanilla until soft peaks. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix the peanut butter, cream cheese, and confectioners sugar at medium to high speed until well combined. Add the whipped cream and mix at high speed just until combined and smooth. Pour into the cooled crust and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to set the filling.
- FREEZER FRIENDLY: Place pie in the freezer for 3 hours. Then wrap in plastic wrap then in heavy-duty foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.