This Pumpkin Blueberry Bread is a great way to change up the normal pumpkin bread routine this fall! It’s bursting with jammy blueberries and pumpkin flavor plus it’s all made in one bowl!
This is probably my new favorite way to eat pumpkin bread! I love the flavor the blueberries add and it’s amazing how you can take a few simple ingredients and make a delicious recipe!
I based this on my Easy Pumpkin Bread which is also a great recipe if you are looking for stellar pumpkin bread. Now you can enjoy both as a snack or with your breakfast. We also really like these Blueberry Banana Muffins and Raisin Bran Muffins and both are super simple to make!
Tell Me More About This Pumpkin Blueberry Bread
- you can use fresh or frozen blueberries
- it’s freezer friendly so go ahead and make a double batch
- perfect for gifting to friends and neighbors
- made in one bowl so you won’t have a bunch of dirty dishes
- made with simple everyday ingredients that are easy to find
PUMPKIN PUREE: you will need pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. They are not interchangeable in this recipe.
ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, BAKING SODA, AND BAKING POWDER: Flour provides structure to the quick bread and baking soda and baking powder provide lift to make the bread rise.
VANILLA AND SALT: Both provide flavor. Yes, salt provides flavor even in baked goods.
CINNAMON AND PUMPKIN PIE SPICE: Both of these spices are used to provide those yummy fall flavors you find in pumpkin bread.
OIL: Oil is perfect for quick bread because it is lighter than butter which can weigh down the batter making the loaf too dense.
EGGS: Help provide structure
How To Make Pumpkin Blueberry Bread
MIX UP THE BATTER: Start by combining the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and sugar in a large bowl. Add the oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Stir just until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
BAKE: Spoon batter into prepared pans and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
COOL: Remove pans from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing unless you used parchment paper then remove from pans immediately. Let cool completely before slicing.
Store completely cooled bread wrapped well in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 4 days or up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Wrap completely cooled bread in plastic wrap and then in heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature overnight.
Yes! However, don’t thaw them just stir them in still frozen to prevent bleeding.
Tips and Suggestions
- This bread would be great with a streusel topping!! Combine 1/2 cup flour, 6 tablespoons butter (melted), 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Sprinkle over the loaves before baking.
- Don’t try to cut this bread when it is hot. It will fall apart due to the blueberries.
- If your bread is starting to brown too much while baking tent the top with foil.
Pumpkin Blueberry Bread
- 3½ cups (450g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ cups (335g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2½ cup (600g) pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup (180ml) neutral oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups (425g) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease the bottoms only of 2 9×5 loaf pans or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and sugar. Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, oil, and vanilla. Mix just until moistened. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake for 60-70 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes then remove loaves from pan. If using parchment paper remove immediately. Cool completely before slicing.
- FREEZER-FRIENDLY: Wrap completely cooled loaves in plastic wrap and then in heavy-duty foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature overnight.
- STORAGE: Wrap completely cooled loaves in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 4 days or up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- PUMPKIN PIE SPICE: Can replace with 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon ground clove.