This Easy Pumpkin Bread is made in one bowl and with no mixer! It’s moist and packed with pumpkin and spice. Easy to add mix-ins too!
I probably make this pumpkin bread every single year. My whole family loves it and can never get enough. It’s also easy to throw in some chocolate chips to make chocolate chip pumpkin bread!
I love quick bread because they are so easy to make and I almost always have the ingredients on hand. Another one of our favorites is this Easy Banana Bread. It has been handed down through the family and we make it all throughout the year. And when we have an abundance of zucchini from our garden we love this Zucchini Carrot Bread.
Reasons You Will Love This Pumpkin Bread
- only one bowl is needed and no mixer
- moist and flavorful
- easy to add mix-ins
- great for gifting to friends or family
Ingredients To Make This Pumpkin Bread Recipe
PUMPKIN: You will need pumpkin puree for this recipe and not pumpkin pie filling. You can also use your own homemade pumpkin puree.
ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, BAKING SODA, AND BAKING POWDER
CINNAMON AND PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
BROWN SUGAR: Adds a nice depth of flavor but you can also replace it with white sugar.
OIL: I prefer to use oil in quick bread because all butter can weigh down the batter. Oil helps keep the crumb lighter.
EGGS AND VANILLA
DRY INGREDIENTS: Start by mixing the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
WET INGREDIENTS: Add the pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix just until everything is combined.
BAKE: Pour batter into a prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Your bread should be done when a toothpick or skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Also a crack or split down the top of the bread is another clue.
Often if your quick bread is tough it is from overmixing. You will want to mix just until everything is moistened. Also, when using butter don’t use vegetable oil spreads or reduced-fat butter. They have too much water and not enough fat which can make your loaf tough.
Store completely cooled pumpkin bread covered at room temperature for up to 4 days or up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
Wrap completely cooled pumpkin bread in plastic wrap and then in heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature overnight.
Tips and Suggestions
- Don’t use pumpkin pie filling in this recipe
- You can replace the pumpkin pie spice with 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- Add in 1 cup of mix-ins such as chocolate chips or chopped nuts
- If your bread is starting to brown too much on top place a piece of foil across the top while it finishes baking
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all my latest updates!
This Easy Pumpkin Bread is made in one bowl and with no mixer! It's moist and packed with pumpkin and spice. Easy to add mix-ins too!
- 1¾ cup (245g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup (185g) packed brown sugar
- 1¼ cup (300g) pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (120ml) oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of a 9×5 baking pan or line with parchment paper; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar. Stir in the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, and vanilla just until everything is moistened. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- STORAGE: Store the completely cooled loaf wrapped at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- FREEZER FRIENDLY: Wrap the completely cooled loaf in plastic wrap and then in heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
- PUMPKIN PIE SPICE: Can replace with 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon ground clove.
2 thoughts on “Easy Pumpkin Bread”
I love quick breads.
They can be used in so many different ways. I usualy keep some in the freezer so that I can thake them out when needed.
I agree! I love making quick breads too!!