An easier cheese ball recipe!! This Taco Cheese Ball Board is made with 4 simple ingredients; cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, and taco seasoning! But the best part is no shaping into a ball!
Do you love to eat cheese balls but hate making them because they can make your hands a bit messy? Well, problem solved with this cheese ball board! Plus, you can top it with whatever toppings you like!
Snack boards or charcuterie boards can be so fun around holidays and family gatherings! And they are really easy to make too. Try my Cheese Board or Bruschetta Bar for something different. Or give this Fruit Tray or Vegetable Tray a try!
Why You Will Want To Make This Taco Cheese Ball Board
- Only 4 main ingredients needed
- Add any toppings you like to make it your own
- Much easier to make than a traditional cheese ball
- Can be made in advance
- Perfect for serving large crowds
There isn’t a long ingredient list to make this cheese ball board unless you go crazy with toppings which is fine!
CREAM CHEESE: You can use whatever cream cheese you like here. I prefer full fat.
SOUR CREAM: Makes is really creamy and easy to spread.
TACO SEASONING: You can use a homemade blend or a packet.
TOPPINGS: This is where it gets fun! After spreading on the board sprinkle with any topping desired!
How To Make A Taco Cheese Ball Board
STEP 1: Combine the soft cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheddar, and taco seasoning until well combined.
STEP 2: Chill for 1 hour before spreading on the board just to let the flavors combine. Remove from the refrigerator 10-15 minutes before spreading to let it soften a little. Spread on your board.
STEP 3: Top with desired toppings and add dippers around the board.
Yes! The cheese ball portion can be made up to 1 week in advance. Prep all toppings up to 24 hours before. Then assemble when ready!
You will need to scrape off any leftovers from the board and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Tips And Suggestions
- The cream cheese must be at room temperature or you will have a really hard time combining the ingredients.
- Use a block cheddar and grate your own cheese for the best flavor.
- TOPPINGS SUGGESTIONS: Green onion, cilantro, pico de gallo, sliced olives, hot sauce, salsa, salsa verde, guacamole, and the list goes on!
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Tortilla chips, pretzels, carrots, celery, bell peppers, pita chips, and your favorite crackers just to name a few.
Taco Cheese Ball Board
- 8 ounces (226g) soft cream cheese
- 4 ounces (113g) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (185g) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- toppings of choice
- dippers of choice
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Can spread on the board immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Remove 10-15 minutes before spreading to make spreading easier.
- Top with desired toppings and arrange desired dippers around board.
- NUTRITION: Nutrition is only for the cheese ball and doesn’t include toppings or dippers.
- I like to chill for a least 1 hour to allow flavors to combine.