These Banana Pancakes with Cinnamon Caramel Syrup are light, fluffy and full of banana flavor. Drizzle them with the easy syrup and you’ll have an extra special breakfast!
Oh happy Tuesday, everyone!!
I’m pretty sure I have told you guys that we are big breakfast eaters. As in we could eat it anytime of the day and for any meal.
So, I am always looking for new ways to eat pancakes. Sweet, savory, with fruit, bacon or eggs…….and new ways to dress up syrup.
That’s what makes these extra special is the syrup. I used my normal banana pancakes and took them to the next level by drizzling them with this incredible cinnamon caramel syrup. Don’t worry it’s super, ooper, smooper easy to make. <- sorry just had too! My son uses those words all them time and they are stuck in my head!!
Anyway, just take some maple syrup, caramel sauce (homemade or store bought) cinnamon and vanilla swirl them together and heat in the microwave. See couldn’t be easier! 🙂
So, you must give these a try soon, trust me your mouth will thank you!
Banana Pancakes with Cinnamon Caramel Syrup
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour I used white whole wheat
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk may need to use more if your buttermilk is really thick
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat a griddle over medium low to low heat.
- In a large bowl combine all the pancake ingredients and stir just until combined. There will be a few lumps and that is OK.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles start to form on the top and flip. Cook for 2-3 additional minutes or until lightly browned.
- To make the syrup combine all ingredients and microwave for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve with the pancakes.