This Asian Dressing is a great staple to make and have on hand. It’s full of flavor and great on any type of salad!
Making your own salad dressing may sound horrible but it really is easy, especially this Asian Dressing! It’s a staple along with this Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
Salads are only as good as their dressing, in my opinion, lol! I am not a huge salad lover but if it has a really flavorful dressing on it I will eat it.
Another salad we really enjoy is this Easy Greek Salad. It’s packed with flavor and fresh vegetables. Great for eating anytime of the year!
Asian Dressing Ingredients:
- Oil: use any oil you prefer. Some choices would be olive oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, or any neutral flavored oil.
- Soy Sauce: I like to use reduced sodium soy sauce.
- Rice Vinegar: If you prefer a tangier dressing up this to 4 tablespoons
- Honey: can also replace with white or brown sugar if needed.
- Sesame Oil: Adds a nice toasty flavor to the dressing.
- Ginger: I like to use the grated ginger you can buy in the tube, so handy!
- Garlic: Adds so much flavor. I prefer to mince my own for garlic. The jarred stuff in the store has a weird taste to me.
How long does this salad dressing last?
It will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week. I have had it in the refrigerator for over 1 week but it’s at your discretion past 1 week.
How to use this salad dressing:
- Salads, obviously…..but really it’s perfect drizzled over a bed of greens topped with a protein of choice and sprinkled with some chopped green onions and peanuts. Super simple and so tasty!
- Marinades! This makes a great marinade for chicken, pork, or fish. Just place in a resealable bag or container and marinate for 1 hour or more depending on how much time and flavor you want. Take note that seafood doesn’t need to marinate for a long time, usually 30 minutes to 1 hour is plenty.
- Use it in pasta salads. Use any cooked and cooled pasta, protein of choice, and your favorite fresh veggies. Drizzle with some Asian Dressing and toss to coat.
This Asian Dressing is a great staple to make and have on hand. It's full of flavor and great on any type of salad!
- ¼ cup (60ml) nuetral oil of choice (avocado oil, grapeseed oil…)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
Combine all ingredients in a mason jar and shake well to combine. Serve as desired. Store in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- To make this gluten-free be sure to read your labels and use coconut aminos in place of the soy sauce.
- For a little spice add red pepper flakes to the dressing.
- Nutrition info: Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the information shown is just an estimate. Nutrition info calculated using avocado oil.