This Fresh Peach Salsa recipe is bursting with the flavor of summer. Full of peaches, red onion, jalapenos, lime, and tomatoes, it’s perfect for eating with chips or on top of chicken, pork, or fish.
My Easy Recipe for Peach Salsa
Who else loves sweet and savory combos? I know I do. I also happen to love salsa. It’s a great way to add flavor to dishes or just to snack on. This sweet and savory salsa with fresh peaches is so addicting — in the best way possible!
Everytime I’ve brought this yummy snack to a party or gathering, I’ve gone home with an empty dish. Appetizers like this recipe for peach salsa are a great way to sneak in extra veggies too. I add tomatoes, red onion, jalapenos, and lime. It’s just one more reason to whip up this peach jalapeno salsa!
Serve it with tortilla chips, more fresh veggies, or even on top of these slow cooker shredded Mexican chicken tacos. The possibilities are truly endless.
Why You’ll Love This Peach Salsa Recipe
- Full of fresh flavor
- Easy to make
- Simple ingredients
- Perfect for parties, potlucks, and barbecues
- Ready in 15 minutes
Key Ingredients to Make Peach Jalapeno Salsa
- PEACHES – Opt for ripe peaches for the best flavor.
- RED ONION – For added crunch and mild spice.
- TOMATO – I told you that this salsa is hiding some vegetables!
- CILANTRO – It’s not a salsa recipe without the addition of cilantro. Okay, if you really don’t like it, you can skip it — but I do love the fresh flavor it brings to my jalapeno peach salsa recipe.
- JALAPENO – Bring on the heat! I recommend leaving the seeds and ribs in if you want more spice. Or feel free to use a habanero for a spicier salsa. If you don’t like spicy foods, you can omit them.
- FRESH LIME JUICE – Please use fresh and not the stuff from the bottle. Trust me on this one!
- SALT & PEPPER – To taste.
Instructions to Make My Peach Salsa Recipe
RECIPE PREP: Dice the peaches, tomato, and red onion. Then, mince the garlic and jalapenos and juice 1 lime.
ASSEMBLE THE PEACH JALAPENO SALSA: Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with your favorite tortilla chips and veggies, or on top of tacos, chicken, pork, or seafood. Enjoy!
Tips for Picking the Best Peaches for Jalapeno Peach Salsa
You want ripe peaches, but they shouldn’t be overly ripe or they will just turn to mush.
- Choose peaches that are vibrant in color, without any signs of green.
- They should smell sweet. More scent means more flavor!
- Peaches should give slightly when you gently squeeze them. If they are hard, they aren’t ripe yet. If they’re really soft, they’re overripe and will not work in this recipe.
Sometimes, the store only has rock-hard peaches available. You can still make this recipe, you’ll just need to wait an extra day or two. Place the peaches on the counter on their “shoulders” (not their bottoms) out of direct sunlight to speed up the ripening process.
All recipes for peach salsa will vary slightly. Mine is made with peaches, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and fresh lime juice. Easy peasy.
If you scored big on a grocery store sale or perhaps have a kind neighbor with a peach tree, there are so many dishes to try! Start with this jalapeno peach salsa recipe. You could also make peach pie, grilled peaches, or even peach ice cream!
With tortilla chips, atop tacos, in burritos…there are so many possibilities! You can use peach salsa exactly as you use regular salsa: as a dip or a condiment. I also love the idea of serving it on top of chicken, pork, or fish.
The jalapenos and lime juice in my recipe for peach salsa add a whole lot of flavor. If you want to add more, try vinegar, hot sauce, or even a pinch of sugar to create a more complex and unique flavor profile.
More Dip Recipes To Try
- Simple Blender Salsa
- Homemade Chili Cheese Dip
- Taco Cheese Ball Board
- Homemade French Onion Dip
- Chili Con Queso Dip
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all my latest updates!
This Fresh Peach Salsa recipe is bursting with the flavor of summer. Full of peaches, red onion, jalapenos, lime, and tomatoes, it's perfect for eating with chips or on top of chicken, pork, or fish.
- 1 pound (450g) fresh ripe peaches, diced
- 1 large roma tomato, diced
- ¼ cup (30g) diced red onion
- ½ jalapeno, minced (seeds and membrane removed)
- 2 tablepoons minced cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Serve with chips, tacos, chicken, pork, or fish.
- For a spicer salsa leaves the seeds and membrane (ribs) of the jalapeno. Or use a habanero pepper for more heat.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Nutrition Facts: Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the information shown is just an estimate.
13 thoughts on “Fresh Peach Salsa”
I made this to serve with seared salmon. It was absolutely delicious!
Sounds delish! Thanks for sharing!!
If you make this ahead of time, do the peaches get brown?
The lime juice will help prevent browning to a certain extent. I have made this 3 hours in advance with no issues or browning. This can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days but there will be browning at that point.
thank you for your reply!
Perfect summer recipe! Delicious with BBQ.
Yes! So good with BBQ!
I love salsa! This was so delicious! I cant wait to bring this to my next family get together!
That’s wonderful! So glad you liked it!
Such a light and refreshing salsa! We made this for a lake weekend and it was gone the first day!
Thank you very much!
I love anything peach so this was definitely worth a try! So delicious and fresh! We all loved it, thank you!
Me too! Peaches are so good right now!