This Fresh Peach Salsa is bursting with the flavor of summer. It’s perfect for eating with chips or on top of chicken, pork, or fish.
Who else loves sweet and savory combos?? I know I do. I also happen to love salsa. It’s a great way to add flavor to dishes or just to snack on.
You can pretty much bring salsa to any party or gathering and go home with an empty dish. And it’s also a great way to sneak in extra veggies.
See, now there is no excuse not to enjoy this Fresh Peach Salsa, lol!
- Peaches: you will want ripe peaches for the best flavor.
- Red onion
- Jalapeno: leave the seeds and ribs in if you want more heat. Or feel free to use a habanero for a spicier salsa.
- Fresh lime juice: please use fresh and not the stuff from the bottle.
- Salt and pepper
Tips for picking the best peaches:
You want ripe peaches but not overly ripe as they will be too mushy for this salsa.
- Choose peaches that are vibrant in color and no signs of green.
- It should smell sweet. If there is no smell present the peach will be lacking in flavor.
- Peaches should give slightly when you gently squeeze them. If they are hard they are not ripe yet and if they are really soft they are overripe and will not work in this recipe.
If the store only has rock hard peaches available no worries peaches will continue to ripen at home. Place them on the counter on their “shoulders” not their bottoms out of direct sunlight. To slow the process of ripening store them in the refrigerator.
This Fresh Peach Salsa is bursting with the flavor of summer. It's perfect for eating with chips or on top of chicken or fish.
- 1 pound (450g) fresh ripe peaches, diced
- 1 large roma tomato, diced
- ¼ cup (30g) diced red onion
- ½ jalapeno, minced (seeds and membrane removed)
- 2 tablepoons minced cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Serve with chips, tacos, chicken, pork, or fish.
- For a spicer salsa leaves the seeds and membrane (ribs) of the jalapeno. Or use a habanero pepper for more heat.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Nutrition Facts: Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the information shown is just an estimate.