I am always trying to come up with different ways to use pork. We have a lot of pork in our freezer right now and I need some room for some red meat. So I have been getting creative with recipes!! This one turned out phenomenal. It does require some prep time to get it into the oven but I do think it is worth the extra steps. This could definitely be a meal to serve to company too. It looks and tastes amazing.
Bacon and Cheese Topped Pork Chops
- 4 1/2 " thick pork chops
- 1/4 c Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 c sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion sliced
- 3 TBSP butter
- 2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle both sides of each pork chop and brown on both sides in a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the mustard, honey and juice. Liberally brush over the pork chops.
- Saute the mushrooms and onion in the butter until tender and slightly golden. You may also sprinkle salt and pepper over the mushrooms and onions while sauteing.
- Top each chop with the mushrooms and onions. Top with cheese.
- Briefly fry the bacon and place 2 strips on each chop.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.