This is a great breakfast casserole to use up some leftovers in the fridge. There are a lot of times I have containers with a little food left. Not enough to make a meal out of by itself so I create different casseroles to use up the different leftovers! Sometimes they sound a little strange but for the most part turn out great. This is one of my favorites and the kids really like it too, even with the horseradish.
Ham and Potato Breakfast Bake
- 2 c. chopped ham
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 yukon gold potatoes baked
- 4 TBSP butter melted
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP prepared mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- You can peel your potatoes or leave the skins. Cut potatoes into small cubes.
- In a large bowl combine ham, onion and potatoes. Lightly toss together.
- In a small bowl combine butter, mustard, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire, horseradish and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and lightly combine.
- Spread into a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 25 min. Remove from oven and with the back of a spoon make 6 little wells. Crack an egg into each well and return to oven for 12 more minutes.