This Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffin Bread is rich, moist and super chocolate-y! This bread didn’t last long in our house- after everyone had a slice (a rather large slice) it was down to crumbs. Which was a shame because I was looking forward to eating a slice for breakfast! 🙂
Yes, it is made with zucchini but I promise you can’t taste it. It helps make the bread moist. And it’s a great way to use up some of your zucchini!
I called it muffin bread because I was going to make muffins with this but I decided to be lazy and dump it into a loaf pan. Hey, don’t judge it’s being creative!
So, I just sorta realized it is August now. (I’m in denial)
That means summer is about to come to an end, whaaat???? Did this summer go by fast or is it just me??? I feel like I didn’t get anything accomplished like I said I would.
We haven’t even gone on vacation yet!!!!
Well, we are going on a little vacation this weekend to help remedy that. I’ll have to let you know how it all goes when we get back.
So, tell me what have you done for vacation this summer??
Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffin Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 c- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in the milk, eggs, butter, vanilla, chocolate chips and zucchini. Stir just until combined. Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to cool on a rack.