I have another great breakfast idea to use up leftover baked potatoes– Breakfast Burritos! These are a staple around our house. Once a month I will make a big batch of these and freeze them. Then when I am having a crazy morning and need breakfast fast these come to the rescue.
Just pop a bunch in a hot oven or unwrap and heat in the microwave. They are very portable so if you need to eat them on the way to school or work, they work great.
There are many options when it comes to breakfast burrito filling. This is the one I do the most often. Sometimes I will change out the bacon for chorizo and the chili powder for some chipotle chili powder, but otherwise this is my go to breakfast burrito.
Serving options are also endless. If you have time for a sit down breakfast top with some sour cream and pico de gallo, yum! Or just some extra salsa verde, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar and chopped cilantro which is what I have done here. Both are winning combinations and you won’t be disappointed!
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 large baked potato cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 6 12" flour tortillas
- Salsa verde
- In a large skillet fry bacon over medium heat and drain on paper towels. Drain most of the grease from the pan. Fry the potatoes in bacon grease or you may drain the grease completely and use an oil of your choice. Sprinkle potatoes with paprika, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper. Remove from the pan after they are browned and crispy.
- Scramble eggs in skillet and set aside.
- Now for assembly: On a flour tortilla place some cheddar cheese, a large spoonful or two of salsa verde, some chopped tomatoes, some of the scrambled eggs, some potatoes and 1 strip of bacon. Fold in the sides and roll up tightly. Repeat for the other 5 tortillas. Brown each side in a skillet over medium low heat. This step is optional but it helps to seal the tortilla and adds some extra crunch.
*For added heat add in jalapeno peppers.
*To freeze- wrap each tightly in tin foil and place in freezer. To reheat- place in a hot oven or unwrap and microwave.