This moist Lemon Blueberry Bread is studded with juicy blueberries and loaded with lemon flavor. The easy lemon glaze adds more flavor and locks in moisture.
Happy Thursday to everyone!! I know you guys are probably thinking isn’t this more of a spring recipe?!?!
Well, blueberries were on sale, and when I say sale I mean a really good sale, so I bought a couple big containers of them. We, have been enjoying blueberries on everything. Well, not everything……but you get the idea.
I made this lemon blueberry bread for the kids to enjoy for snack one afternoon and realized I don’t have this on the blog. So, I had to make another loaf just so I could photo it and share it with all of you. (Oh the life, it was so hard to find someone to eat this yummy bread…..kidding 🙂 )
Actually, it was gone right after taking pictures. The kids all stood around patiently waiting (yeah right) for me to get done so they could eat (insert devour) this treat.
I barely got it over to the table for them to eat it!! And I’m going to have to make another one because they didn’t even save me a piece!! I think I will hide the next one and quietly sneak away for a mid morning or afternoon snack. 🙂 Hey a mom has to look out for herself!
Really though you guys need to make this bread. It’s super simple. You can even mix everything in one bowl (that’s what I do) to save some dishes. So, don’t wait for next spring when lemon becomes popular again, enjoy this lemon blueberry bread today!
Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 - 1 cup sugar I always use 1/2 cup sugar and it is plenty sweet for us, but you may want more
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries divided
- GLAZE: optional
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8x4" loaf pan, set aside.
- BREAD: In a large bowl combine the all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and add in the eggs. Lightly beat eggs in the well. Add in the milk, melted butter, vanilla, zest and lemon juice. Fold in 1 cup of blueberries. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- GLAZE: In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice and butter. Drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely.