This Pomegranate Apple Cider Sangria is the perfect holiday drink! It’s festive, easy to make, easy to drink, and can be made non-alcoholic too!
Pomegranate Apple Cider Sangria
I have a treat for all of you today!! This twist on sangria is perfect for fall or winter making it perfect for all your parties you have coming up this holiday season!!
And it also tastes great without the alcohol for any of you looking for non-alcoholic cocktails. And I’ll warn you….it goes down really easy too! 😉
So how is everyone doing?? I missed posting last week because things were a little too crazy for me to sit down to the computer, lol! Things are getting back to normal though (at least for now).
I can’t believe it’s November already!! Are you starting to plan out your Thanksgiving menus yet, or do you wait until the last minute?
I used to plan way in advance and I still like to, it just doesn’t happen that way anymore. So, I will be planning everything while the turkey is thawing, lol!! No, I will probably be a little more prepared than that but not much.
Speaking of planning ahead, I like to make things that can be MADE AHEAD. It just makes my life so much easier!
That’s why I love offering drinks like this that can be made ahead so I don’t have to play bartender and try to get the meal done on time. Trust me, it’s not a pretty site, lol!
Tips about this Pomegranate Apple Cider Sangria
- To make non-alcoholic simply leave out the alcohol, it tastes just as good!!
- Use any variety of apples you choose.
- Blood oranges are also really pretty in this drink.
- I have a homemade apple cider recipe if you would like to try, it’s easier than you think!
- This does need to be made in advance so plan accordingly.
What to serve this Pomegranate Apple Cider Sangria with:
Some appetizer options that would be great…
- Sweet and Spicy Pecans
- A Cheese Board use manchego, white cheddar, and gruyere
- Toasted Ravioli
- Honey Garlic Sausages
Pomegranate Apple Cider Sangria
- 3 cups (710ml) apple cider
- 2 cups (475ml) pomegranate juice
- 1 cup (235ml) orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 (750ml) bottle red wine of choice
- 1 (12oz) (355ml) can of lemon lime soda or ginger ale or club soda
- ½ cup (120ml) brandy
- In a large saucepan heat the apple cider, pomegranate juice, orange juice, cinnamon, allspice, and clove just until it starts to boil. Remove from heat and add sliced fruit.
- Transfer to serving pitcher, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours but up to 24 hours. Be sure to have the wine and soda chilling as well.
- When ready to serve stir in the wine, soda, and brandy. Serve with additional fruit if desired.
- To make non-alcoholic simply leave out the alcohol, it’s just as good! It will decrease the amount and won’t make as many servings.
- I also added 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, but you don’t have to.
- Nutrition facts: Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the information shown is just an estimate. Nutrition information calculated using lemon-lime soda.