This Freezer Breakfast Ham Egg and Cheese Sandwich is a healthier alternative to that Egg McMuffin! They are easy to make and are a great for breakfast on the go!
Save it for later PIN IT
Here is an easy breakfast that you can have ready and waiting for you!! A freezer breakfast ham egg and cheese sandwich is a cinch to make, healthier than that drive thru sandwich and great for those mornings you need a breakfast on the go.
These sandwiches are also very customizable (<- is that even a word???) Any way you can swap out the ham for bacon or sausage, change the cheese for swiss or provolone and you could also use just egg whites! See you have all sorts of options for breakfast!!
This one happens to be our favorite and I make them often! A lot of times I don’t even freeze them I just leave them in the refrigerator and they are ready for me in to warm up in the morning. You can leave them in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze them for up to 3 months!! So, there is no excuse not to have a great breakfast!!
Plus, you will be saving yourself some money and time because you don’t have to wait in line at the drive thru for your sandwich! Score!
My kiddos also love these sandwiches because they are easy enough for them to reheat by themselves. Which makes them feel like a grown up because they got to make their own breakfast. Just wrap each in a paper towel and reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. See, so easy!
I will dress mine up a little by adding some sliced avocado after I reheat it. You could also put a light smear of dijon mustard on your sandwich as well (so good!). There are so many options with this freezer breakfast ham egg and cheese sandwich and no reason for you not to make them!
Yields 6 sandwiches
This Freezer Breakfast Ham Egg and Cheese sandwich is a healthier alternative to that Egg McMuffin! They are easy to make and are a great for breakfast on the go!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 6 large eggs
- 6 whole wheat english muffins
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 slices ham (2 slices per sandwich)
- 6 small ziploc bags
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin and break an egg into each well. Sprinkle each with a little salt and pepper then with a fork carefully break each yolk and stir to combine. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool before assembly.
- TO ASSEMBLE: place one slice of cheddar on the bottom of an english muffin then top with 2 slices of ham and one egg muffin. Place the top back on and put each sandwich into a ziploc bag. Be sure to get out as much air as possible before sealing the bag. Label each bag.
- TO STORE: Place in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- TO REHEAT: If frozen place in refrigerator overnight to thaw. Wrap sandwich in a paper towel and reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.