This Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Noodle Soup puts a twist on the classic. With a flavorful broth, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, chicken thighs and noodles all made in the crockpot!
Save it for later and PIN IT
I have a super easy Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Noodle soup for you today. Even though it is suppose to be another really warm day for this time of year I am posting soup. Somewhere it has to be soup weather today, right???
My kiddos really liked this twist on the classic chicken noodle and that’s their favorite soup!! I like it too because I can just throw everything into the crockpot and forget about it. And this recipe uses store bought noodles to help make things easier as well. I like that!! If chicken noodle soup is not your thing you really need to give this version a try but if you are looking for something different try out my Easy Taco Soup, Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatball Soup or this Creamy Cajun Potato Soup <-(my hubby’s favorite and he doesn’t care for soup!)
I changed up the broth by adding in your typical Asian ingredients like garlic, ginger, soy sauce and rice vinegar. It makes for an amazing broth that is full of flavor!! I also used chicken thighs which adds in more flavor than using just white meat but if you prefer to use chicken breasts go ahead it will still turn out great! 🙂
I really should be making another batch of this amazing soup today because my kiddos are sick. We have been pretty lucky this year and haven’t battled too much sickness so I guess it’s our turn. At least we have nice weather so they can sit outside and get a little fresh air in their lungs. Plus, I get to open up the house which is one of my favorite parts of spring.
Wait did I just say spring???? It’s the middle of February!!!
Oh my, I better make a batch of this quick so I quit thinking about spring time and remember it is still winter! Plus, I can’t stand being sick while I’m pregnant so I need all things good right now!
So whether you are having spring like weather or not you still need to make this wonderfully delicious slow cooker asian chicken noodle soup!!
- 2 pounds chicken thighs skins removed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 6 oz package sliced mushrooms of choice
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger or use 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups water
- 5-6 oz dried rice noodles found in the aisan section
- Place chicken thighs, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, stock and water into a 6 quart crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Remove chicken thighs from crockpot and remove meat from bone and shred. Return meat to crockpot along with the dried noodles and cook on high for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.