This Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Noodle Soup puts a twist on the classic. With a flavorful broth, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, chicken thighs, and rice noodles all made in the crockpot!
I have a super easy Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Noodle soup for you today. It’s both hearty and satisfying. The fresh veggies in this rice noodle soup have the perfect texture and pair beautifully with the chicken thighs.
Even the pickiest of eaters will love this twist on the classic chicken noodle!!
What sets this Asian chicken soup apart is the broth. I made the broth with typical Asian ingredients like garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. When they are all combined it makes for an amazing base for this Chinese chicken noodle soup that is full of flavor!!
I also used chicken thighs, which I find to be more tender and add more flavor than using just white meat. If you prefer to use chicken breast, it will still turn out great! 🙂
Why You’ll Love Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup
- Minimal effort needed
- Perfect for any time of year
- Store bought noodles to save time
- Can be made ahead of time
Ingredients For Asian Soup
- Chicken thighs
- Shredded carrots
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Fresh ginger
- Chicken stock or broth
- Rice noodles
How To Make Asian Chicken Soup
Step 1: Cook slowly
Add the chicken thighs, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, chicken stock, and water to a slow cooker. Cook for 4-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high.
Step 2: Debone the chicken
Take the chicken thighs out of the slow cooker and remove the meat from the bones. Place the meat back into the crockpot. Add the rice noodles and cook for 10 minutes on high or until the rice noodles have become tender.
Step 3: Serve
Serve with your favorite fresh herbs and enjoy!
- Don’t overcook the noodles. As you prep the noodles for Chinese chicken noodle soup, add them to the slow cooker and then watch them carefully. If they are overcooked they will become mushy. So as soon as they are soft the dish is ready to serve.
- Add variety. You can add chopped bok choy, sliced onions, jalapenos, or some red pepper flakes to add some extra flavor. It’s fine to make this Asian chicken soup recipe your own.
- Try ramen. For an extra fun result, swap the rice noodles for ramen noodles. They are just as delicious, inexpensive and add a new texture to the Asian soup.
In any Asian chicken noodle soup recipe it is simple to substitute white meat for dark. It will save you a step because you won’t need to remove any bones.
After you have cooked the soup, remove the chicken breasts and shred them with 2 forks. Add back the shredded chicken to the Asian soup along with the noodles and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Let the soup cool down all the way. Then pour it into an airtight container. The Asian soup will last for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Pour the Asian chicken noodle soup into a pot and heat over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until it’s hot. You’ll need to make sure not to heat it for a long period of time because the texture of the noodles will change.
Another option is to warm the soup in the microwave. Place it in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute, stir and repeat as needed.
More Warming Soup Recipes:
- Green Chile Stew
- Tomato Basil Soup
- Creamy Turkey and Dumplings Soup (can also use chicken)
- Instant Pot Chicken and Noodle Soup
This Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Noodle Soup puts a twist on the classic. With a flavorful broth, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, chicken thighs and noodles all made in the crockpot!
- 2 pounds chicken thighs skins removed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 6 oz sliced mushrooms of choice
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger or use 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups water
- 5-6 oz dried rice noodles found in the aisan section
Place chicken thighs, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, stock and water into a 6 quart crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
Remove chicken thighs from crockpot and remove meat from bone and shred. Return meat to crockpot along with the dried noodles and cook on high for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.