This Lazy Daisy Frosting is great for when you need a frosting fast! Spread this topping made of coconut, brown sugar, butter, and nuts over a hot cake and place it under the broiler until it’s golden.
If you are looking for a super easy frosting or topping for your cake this Lazy Daisy Frosting is fabulous!! I fell in love with it’s rich caramel flavor that’s a little crunchy and gooey all at the same time.
It’s perfect for when you are short on time and need a frosting fast because as soon as the hot cake comes out of the oven you spread this coconut goodness all over the top and place it under the broiler. No piping bags or decorating skills needed!!
COCONUT: Use whatever flake coconut you prefer.
NUTS: You can use walnuts or pecans. Some recipes don’t include the nuts so leave them out if they aren’t your thing.
How To Make Lazy Daisy Frosting
Melt the butter with the cream in a small saucepan. Add the remaining ingredients and remove from heat. Stir well to combine.
After you remove the cake from the oven spread the frosting in an even layer over the top. Place under the broiler just until golden in color.
What Cakes Go Well with Lazy Daisy Frosting?
- Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cake
- Hot milk cake
- Yellow cake
- Vanilla cake
- I think it would even go well on a chocolate cake!
Looking For More Great Dessert Recipes?
- One Bowl Cocoa Brownies
- Fudge Banana Cake
- Chewy Rice Krispie Treats
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Lazy Daisy Frosting
- ½ cup (113g) butter
- ½ cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups (120g) flaked coconut
- 1 cup (190g) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (120g) chopped walnuts
- While the cake is baking prepare the frosting. In a small saucepan heat the butter and cream until butter melts. Stir in the coconut, brown sugar, and nuts. Remove from heat and spread over a hot baked cake. Place under the broiler until lightly golden. Watch closely so it doesn't burn.
- NUTRITION: Nutrition is for the entire batch of frosting.
- This makes enough frosting to top a 9×13 cake.