This One Pot Chicken Florentine Pasta is a “lick your plate clean” kind of delicious. It has the creamiest, most luscious sauce and is on your table in just 30 minutes!
Let’s be honest, what is better than a one pot meal? All you busy moms and pops out there don’t have time for a huge cleanup after dinner. I’m here to arm you with the most delicious one pot meals so you can spend more time with the family and less time loading the dishwasher.
This One Pot Chicken Florentine Pasta instantly became a family favorite in my house! Try this dish and your kids will be licking their plates clean just like mine did. Already had chicken for dinner last night? No problem! Try this One Pot Pizza Pasta or this One Pot Hamburger Stroganoff instead.
*Originally published July 2016. Photos and text updated.*
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS ONE POT CHICKEN FLORENTINE PASTA:
- Easy cleanup! This one speaks for itself. Less mess, less stress.
- Done in a jiffy! I love cooking but some days I want to get dinner on the table as fast as possible and this dish does just that! In just 30 minutes your family will be fed and you will have more time to kick back and relax in the evening.
- Fool your family into eating vegetables! My husband is not a fan of spinach and he even went back for seconds of this chicken florentine!
Chicken breast – cube up some skinless, boneless chicken breasts to get some protein in this dish!
Onion and garlic – the aromatics are key! Onion and garlic add a depth of aroma and flavor like no other.
Tubular pasta of choice – this pasta dish is totally tubular LOL! I would go for penne or ziti.
Broth or stock – because you need liquid to achieve the luscious sauce.
Spinach – I love spinach in a pasta dish. It adds texture and a bunch of health benefits. They don’t call it a superfood for nothing!
Fire roasted tomatoes – there’s something about fire roasted tomatoes that just warms my soul. In this dish, they add a lovely depth of flavor.
Dairy – can’t forget the mozzarella, parmesan, and heavy cream. These three ingredients make the sauce super creamy and cheesy!
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHICKEN FLORENTINE RECIPE:
It’s simple! In a large skillet cook off your chicken and onion until the chicken is no longer pink. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
Once the chicken is browned, add the garlic and cook for about a minute.
Add the pasta, stock, and fire roasted tomatoes. Stir to combine, then cover and simmer for about 12 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Be sure to stir the pasta occasionally while it’s simmering.
Once the pasta is cooked, stir in the mozzarella until melted, then add the spinach and cream. Stir continuously until all of the ingredients are well combined.
Finally, remove your pasta from the heat and top it off with parmesan!
Tips and variations:
- Don’t have fire roasted tomatoes? Try using sundried tomatoes instead!
- Want to make this dish vegetarian? Simply omit the chicken and use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
- Serve your pasta with this cheesy garlic bread to soak up all of the yummy sauce!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What can I use instead of heavy cream?
While I recommend using heavy cream, there are a number of things you could use instead. Try using melted butter whisked together with whole milk, half-and-half, plain full-fat greek yogurt, or cream cheese.
Can this chicken florentine pasta be stored in the fridge?
While this dish is best served fresh, it can be stored in the fridge for about 3 days. Either reheat it in a pan on your stovetop or pop it in the microwave.
Other recipes you might like:
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- Sheet Pan BBQ Meatballs, Green Beans and Potatoes
- One Pot Bacon Alfredo
- One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad
One Pot Chicken Florentine Pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz (230g) penne, ziti or other tubular pasta
- 1½ cups (355ml) chicken stock or broth
- 1 (14.5oz) (411g) fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups (8oz) (225g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups (95g) baby spinach
- ¼ cup (60ml) heavy cream
- ¼ cup (25g) grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet brown the chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minutes. Add in the pasta, stock and tomatoes. Stir well to combine then cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese until combined then stir in the spinach and cream. Remove from heat and sprinkle with Parmesan.