This Apple Tuna Salad is a great way to change up the traditional tuna salad. Loaded with crisp sweet apples, celery, crunchy pecans, and of course tuna! Perfect for a light lunch!
*Originally published May 2016. Photos and text updated.*
If you are tired of the traditional tuna salad this recipe is a nice change. It’s filled with sweet crunchy apples, celery, pecans, and a few simple ingredients.
Make a large batch and have a quick and easy lunch on hand. I try to do this but my kids eat it up before I get to, lol!
Reasons You Will Love This Easy Recipe:
- Tuna is inexpensive and easy to keep on hand
- It’s perfect for quick lunches
- Uses simple easy to find ingredients
- Would also be great for luncheons, showers, or other parties
TUNA: Please use tuna packed in water for this recipe. Any brand you like will do.
APPLE: Any apple that is your favorite for snacking will work great in this recipe.
MAYO: Use homemade or store bought.
How To Make Apple Tuna Salad:
Start by draining your tuna well. This is important because if it isn’t drained well the salad will be watery.
Add the chopped apple, celery, pecans, onion, and mayo. Gently stir everything together until combined.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
How To Serve Apple Tuna Salad?
- On toasted bread
- A bed of lettuce
- Pita pocket
- Stuffed in a tomato
- Stuffed in an avocado
Looking for other great lunch ideas?
Apple Tuna Salad
- 1 (5oz)(142g) tuna packed in water, drained well
- ½ cup (65g) chopped apple (about 1/2 an apple)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise (full fat, reduced fat or fat free)
- ¼ cup (30g) chopped celery
- ¼ cup (25g) chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Stir well to combine. Divide equally to make 2 sandwiches. Tuna salad can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days.