This Peanut Butter Cup Graham Cracker Toffee is crunchy, swirled with peanut butter, then topped with peanut butter cups!
If you are looking for an easy toffee recipe then this peanut butter cup graham cracker toffee is just the thing! It’s quick to make and doesn’t require a candy thermometer! And I promise this will be one of the first treats to disappear off the cookie tray! It’s super addictive and hard to stop at just one piece…… you’ve been warned.
Here are a few other cookies for your cookie tray this year, Cinnamon Roll Cookies (you have to make these!), White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies, and Caramel Pretzel Sticks (please ignore the bad photos!).
I first made this toffee last year and it didn’t quite turn out the way I wanted it to. So, I played around with the recipe and have it just the way I like it. You will start by lining a half sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
This makes it a lot easier to get it out of the pan, trust me. Then place as many graham crackers as you can fit on the tray (you will need to break some apart to fill in the gaps). I could fit about 2 sleeves (18 sheets) on my baking sheet.
Now for the quick and easy toffee part. All you have to do is bring butter and brown sugar to a boil and leave it alone for 3 minutes! Pour over the graham crackers and bake for 6 minutes.
Top with the peanut butter and chocolate chips then put back in the oven for just a tiny bit to help melt the chocolate chips. Then swirl the peanut butter and chocolate around until your heart is content. Now to top it off with chopped peanut butter cups! I told you this stuff is going to be good!
About this Peanut Butter Cup Graham Cracker Toffee:
- If you don’t have peanut butter cups don’t worry, it is still wonderful without them! Or you could also top it with peanut butter M&M’s.
- Use a good quality butter and chocolate for this recipe if you can. It makes all the difference.
- If you would like to get ahead of the game this toffee can be made in advance and stored at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 2 months.
Peanut Butter Cup Graham Cracker Toffee
- 2 sleeves (290g) chocolate graham crackers (about 18 full sheets)
- 1 cup (226g) butter
- 1 cup (200g) packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (184g) creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups (360g) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10.5 oz) (297g) pkg of peanut butter cups, chopped (about 14 regular cups)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper or foil and arrange crackers on top. May need to break crackers to fill in gaps. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan stir together the butter and brown sugar over medium heat. When it starts to boil stop stirring and let boil for 3 minutes. Pour over crackers in an even layer then bake for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt peanut butter in a small bowl until smooth and pourable. Remove toffee from oven and drizzle with the peanut butter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips then return to the oven for 1-2 minutes to help soften the chocolate chips. Remove from oven and spread out chocolate and peanut butter as much as you like. Top with chopped peanut butter cups.
- Let sit for 2 hours or until chocolate is set. I like to refrigerate this to speed things up. Once set, break into pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.