These Peanut Butter Ritz Cracker Cookies are extremely easy to make, only require 3 ingredients and are very addicting! They will be the perfect addition to your Christmas cookie tray, I promise!
These peanut butter ritz cracker cookies have been a family favorite for a very long time. I remember eating these every year for Christmas. Both my mom and grandma would have these yummy treats alongside all the other hard to resist goodies.
They also happen to be one of my dad’s favorite Christmas cookies. For some reason over the years, I have forgotten about these cookies and just a few days ago I was thinking about what cookies to bake for Christmas this year and these instantly came to mind.
I think they have been shoved aside because I am always on the hunt to try new things. Each year I come up with a new list of Christmas goodies and never repeat them the next. Well, I have decided to stop doing that and go with some of the oldies. Can’t go wrong with the oldies, right! Plus, I want to make sure my kids enjoy some of the same things I did as a kid and pass them down to the next generation.
Another reason these cookies are so awesome is because they are EXTREMELY easy to make! They only require 3 (not counting the sprinkles) very simple and easy to find ingredients. Often times holiday baking can leave a person on a scavenger hunt for those “special” ingredients and who has time for that?!?!
All you will need for these are melting chocolate, peanut butter and ritz crackers. And if you decide to decorate these some Christmas sprinkles will do the trick! 🙂
I prefer to use melting chocolate or almond bark for these peanut butter ritz cracker cookies because it sets up a lot quicker than regular chocolate. You can use chocolate chips or a chocolate bar but you will need to allow for extra drying time. I’m usually in too much of a hurry to wait for the chocolate to set up and when you have anxious little hands waiting for a cookie it’s just best to use the melting chocolate and get the job done.
I also prefer to use chunky peanut butter. Most people prefer the creamy but I never have creamy on hand so chunky it is. It works with both types, so you get to choose. Oh, and please, please, please pile the peanut butter on thick! None of those light smears of peanut butter that just gets lost in the cracker. I want to see the peanut butter after I have taken a bite. See just look at the picture below, nice and thick.
So, if you are in need of an easy Christmas cookie make these peanut butter ritz cracker cookies! Some other really great cookies to add would be these easy White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies or these Chocolate Samoa Cookies (one of my favorites!)
Peanut Butter Ritz Cracker Cookies
- 1 sleeve ritz crackers
- ½ pound melting chocolate or almond bark
- Peanut butter creamy or chunky
- Sprinkles if desired
- Spread a thick layer of peanut butter on one ritz cracker. Top with another cracker and give a slight twist to secure the top. Set aside and repeat with remaining crackers. Tear a small piece of parchment or wax paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Dip each cookie in melted chocolate and gently shake off the excess. Carefully place on the parchment or wax paper and sprinkle with sprinkles if desired. Repeat with remaining cookies. Allow to dry completely before storing in a air tight container.
- Store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 1 month.
- Store between layers of wax paper or parchment paper.