Use leftover turkey (or chicken) to make these Green Chile Turkey Quesadillas. Filled with gooey cheese, zesty green chilies and toasted in a crispy tortilla!
I have another way to use up some of your Thanksgiving turkey leftovers- these green chile turkey quesadillas. My kids and husband really love these and they are super quick and easy to make!! These are also great because you can bury and hide all sorts of things in there and they will never know!! Gooey cheese fixes all.
So, Thanksgiving is in 2 days!! Who’s ready??? Who still doesn’t have their menu planned??? I have my menu planned out but that’s it. I haven’t cleaned or started making any food preparations, you know cuz I have pretty much been doing everything last minute for like the last 4 months!!!
What I am prepared for though is to eat all the food!! I have been pre-stretching my fat pants over a rubber exercise ball so they will be ready to go. See I am prepared!
We are having somewhat of a traditional menu for Thanksgiving this year. Turkey for starters (always on the menu, duh), slow cooker mashed potatoes (frees up some cooking space), homemade herb stuffing (one of my husband’s favorites), and of course homemade gravy (it really is easy!). We are having a few non traditional items like broccoli and cheese, hominy casserole and just a simple green bean side dish. Oh, and I can’t forget dessert- traditional pumpkin pie is always on the menu along with something chocolate for those that don’t want pumpkin pie (like me).
So, tell me what’s on your Thanksgiving menu this year!
- 4 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey or use rotisserie chicken
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups shredded co-jack cheese or whatever blend of cheese you prefer
- Toppings of choice- avocado tomatoes, chopped cilantro, salsa, sour cream
- In a large bowl combine the turkey, green chilies, onion, garlic powder and cheese. Spread a heaping 1 cup of filling over half of the tortilla then fold in half and gently press down. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat a large skillet over medium low heat and toast each side of the quesadilla until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Top each with desired toppings and serve immediately.