This Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Caramel Icing is super easy to make! It’s moist, tender, full of pumpkin and spice. But the best part is the super easy cream cheese caramel icing!!
I hope you’re not tired of fall baking yet because this pumpkin bread with cream cheese caramel icing has to be on your to do list!
It’s incredibly moist, has a tender crumb, packed with flavor (I hate it when I bite into a beautiful looking loaf of quick bread to find it tastes like nothing!) But what sends this loaf of deliciousness over the top???? The cream cheese caramel icing! And it is super duper easy to make, so don’t worry.
Just be sure to drizzle it over the bread and not eat it by the spoonfuls. My kids were all patiently waiting while I was topping this loaf and taking pictures. They just kept asking if they could lick the spoon and I dropped a little icing on the floor and they were all- no mom don’t wipe it up, I’ll get it *wink, wink*
So, I realized I need to hurry with this pumpkin bread’s photo session to feed my deprived children. The loaf lasted literally 5 minutes and it probably would have a shorter life if I would’ve just gave my kids the loaf instead of me cutting it for them.
The best part is this pumpkin bread is super easy to make. Just start by combining your dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure you use a rather large bowl because this recipe is making two loaves because your first one will be gone so fast you will need a second, you’re welcome.
In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients and the sugars. Now, mix the wet and dry together just until everything is combined. This is an important part in making quick breads if you want them to be light and tender. There will be lumps in the batter and that is OK.
After baking, let your loaves cool completely before topping with the icing. I know, I know life is so hard, but you can do it! My advice- wait to make the icing just before topping the bread or you will need to make a second batch. 🙂
Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Caramel Icing
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter melted (can also use vegetable oil)
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup store bought or homemade caramel topping
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8x4" loaf pans and set aside.
- BREAD: In a very large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and salt. In a separate large bowl combine the sugars, melted butter, eggs, buttermilk and pumpkin. Stir until smooth. Pour into the dry mixture and gently stir just until combined. Spread batter in prepared pans and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely.
- ICING: In a small bowl stir the cream cheese with a whisk until smooth. Add in the caramel and powdered sugar and stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled loaves.